• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

'Best' or 'Favorite' Android Stick & Console Computer Hardware?

gil_happy

Has anybody started a thread with their 'best' or 'favorite' Android Stick & Console Computer hardware? I currently have a Google ADT-1 (w/ PureNexus), but I'm looking to sell this and upgrade in favor of something newer.

I guess I'm looking for suggestions based upon cost, performance, support for newer android versions, ease of use, root access, etc. I recently was helping a friend who had a 'Minix' device, and was impressed with the UI and how easy it was to add shortcuts to the 'desktop' for apps (no need to rely on Leanback Launcher apps, etc). I don't necessarily need support for 4k, but was seeing what people are buying.

Ultimately the goal is that this device will replace my TV set top box, so I will have Xfinity Stream TV, Netflix, Kodi, and other streaming platforms on my television screen.

Thanks in advance!

Since there hasn't been any traction on this thread, I thought I would add an update. After a little research, it seems I should definitely look toward Android TV 'box' with the s905x processor. Then the next step would be to find one of these devices that can rooted and / or one the supports a custom ROM. BTW, this would be for use in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom