• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best password vault apps

ZepTepi

Android Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2011
San Diego, CA
The main thing I'm looking for is the ability to store "offline" data such as passcodes for physical equipment and other data besides usernames & Passwords. I'm currently using an Evernote file for this and have been for years but I know those aren't encrypted so I would like to upgrade to something that is. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Zep

Reactions: AugieTN
LastPass is what i use. but they had some security breaches just recently.
so use it at your own risk. i am still with them because i like the interface. it can be installed on your browser in a pc and it syncs across many devices. everything is encrypted so even if your data gets stolen, the thieves would need the encryption key as well to read it.

Upvote 0
After LastPass' last data breach (they've had quite a few) and their deceptive response to it, I switched to Dashlane. I use the Friends & Family plan, allowing up to ten people to share the account. Everyone has a private vault. To my knowledge, Dashlane has never been breached... and they're also on the forefront in implementing passkeys. The app has sections for logins, secure notes, payments, personal info and IDs.

Reactions: AugieTN and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The main thing I'm looking for is the ability to store "offline" data such as passcodes for physical equipment and other data besides usernames & Passwords. I'm currently using an Evernote file for this and have been for years but I know those aren't encrypted so I would like to upgrade to something that is. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Zep
I have used for many years KeePass for PC to keep track of my important passwords and bank information. The database file (just one) is portable, can be moved across devices and it is very well protected. For accesing the same database file among several devices at the same time, allegedly it can keep track on what was updated first or last and make sure all changes are saved properly. I have not tried that feature since I keep the database file on my network and cloud drive and all my devices have the KeePass program (installed or portable) but I only open the database file from one device at any given time.

For Android there are many "contributions" made for this program but I am reluctant to use them yet. I did try KeePassDroid with a test database file and it works great but again, they are "contributions" NOT made by the main program creator and after all, they are my sensitive user/pass info.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Zep
Looks like this is a couple if weeks old, but ..

One app that is very good is SSE, an encryption app with lots of nice features that includes an encrypted password vault. What may be a deal breaker with some people, that I consider a big plus, is that keeps nothing in the "cloud", but you can backup your vault, and save it wherever you want. My "cloud" is a flash drive on my key chain. :) There're also windows and Linux versions of SSE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones