• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best price Galaxy Note 3 in UK?

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
I am looking to buy a Galaxy Note 3 32Gb N9005 in the UK and the best price I can see is at Expansys at

Thanks for that. I'm a bit dubious about buying from abroad even though it's through Amazon. I wish Amazon UK would sell a decent one. The only one listed is a great price at

I bought mine from handtech when it was 425, it is an EU model (Holland) which makes no difference to you or me since warranty is EU wide anyway.

The phone is perfect.

If it's a Malaysian phone it won't work in Europe at all out of the box. The dreaded Samsung region locking.

I still don't understand the fineprint but if you were to fly to Malaysia to collect your phone, then use a Malaysian carrier sim at first use for a set amount of minutes, you could then use your local simcard, far and above the cost of previous posts though lol.

Sorry, re-read my last post and it does read as though I was considering the Amazon one which I am not. I meant that I was not sure about whether to go or a European one as I would prefer a UK one. Quite like the idea of a trip to Malaysia though!

Sorry, re-read my last post and it does read as though I was considering the Amazon one which I am not. I meant that I was not sure about whether to go or a European one as I would prefer a UK one. Quite like the idea of a trip to Malaysia though!

A European one, for all intents and purposes is identical to a UK one. As long as it is an SM-N9005 it will be fine. You may get a certain countries firmware on it and the paper work may be in that countries language. For the saving you make it is easy enough to install stock BTU (UK) firmware on it and still have all your warranties etc. Once done it will be indistinguishable from a UK one.

I can see that it should be OK to buy a European model but I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it so still looking for a UK one. I'm just too cautious!

Back
Top Bottom