• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best ROM / Modem for tethering

shezzy

Android Enthusiast
I have recently went to GB27 from GB08 and have noticed my tethering speed sucks.. also, for some reason i can not unselect and disable sprint wireless optimizer..

Any one know of a good custom rom with good 3g/tethering tweaks? I don't care about its theme just want good tethering and maybe battery life.

Also, can I use the GB08 modem with GB27? would that help or make any difference? I am half tempted to go back to GB08 but wouldn't like to as the final official release is out but it just doesnt work as good as it used to..

Also , I have already done the removing proxy and setting it to 0.0.0.0 hack thats listed in this forums.

Well if you are rooted, just remove the connections optimizer with titanium backup. Have you checked out the fix for tethering in the One Stop Shop?

You should be able to use the GB08 modem, though not sure it would make much difference. The biggest change I noticed going from GB08 to GB27 was all the Samsung apps (I disabled them with no ill affects via TB)

Well if you are rooted, just remove the connections optimizer with titanium backup. Have you checked out the fix for tethering in the One Stop Shop?

You should be able to use the GB08 modem, though not sure it would make much difference. The biggest change I noticed going from GB08 to GB27 was all the Samsung apps (I disabled them with no ill affects via TB)

the fix? or you mean the custom version of the wifi app? I am already using this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2156006

Back
Top Bottom