• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best ROM to Flash?

XD005

Lurker
Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to the whole ROM Flashing thing and have messed around with Cyanogenmod 10 on my LG Motion and I like it better than the stock ROM but there are a couple things I don't like that made me switch back and I'm wondering if there is a easy way to fix it. Firstly, the GPS is a couple feet off (its more accurate in the stock ROM), I can't use the voice commands on the Home screen anymore (I often need to find bus routes to places from my current location), and the Call Volume is not loud enough (I can barely hear people on my conversations). And lastly, it appears I can only run at 3G and although the LG Software option is no longer available, I can live without On-screen phone if need be. Is there a way to fix these problems? I like having a unique phone and the features are pretty nifty...

well someone just made a GPS fix Idk who at the moment ... idont know nothing bout da home screen voice command... call vol. was said to be fixed my editing build props bt idont think it really works and lte works jus stated as 1x jus do a speed test ... somebody else should come alone and help out da rest

1) There is a WHOLE thread dedicated to that :P
http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/745170-fixed-bobz-gps.html nice to know you're now with us, but next time just look around before posting :]
2) Google Now works just as good.
3) BobZ 5/21 ROM has higher call volume, and hK's ROM has stock volume but no SMS/MMS
4) Unless you're on an earlier version of BobZ or hK's ROM, the symbol states 1x, but just do a speed test. You're getting 4g, or it could also be that you get the 3g symbol because you added a line to the build prop so that you could have data while in calls.
Welcome to androidforums! :D

I don't know if it made a difference, but I used unbrick to go from BobZ 5-21 to Stock C, rerooted, installed BobZ again in this order: Flashed BobZ, Flashed gApps, Flashed C Modem, Flashed GPS fix.

I have GPS lock, 100% of the time, and its accurate. It takes between 3 and 5 seconds to lock, and I get between 5 and 9 satellites.

InCall volume doesn't seem to be an issue anymore either. I didn't do any build.prop edits, and I spoke to my girlfriend on the phone for about 20 minutes yesterday with crystal clear sound. The last time I had BobZ on my phone and spoke to her from the same spot, I couldn't hear worth a damn.

I don't know if it is the order in which I flashed, but it seems to have made all the difference. I'm hooked on this ROM again, and can not foresee uninstalling it any time soon :D

Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to the whole ROM Flashing thing and have messed around with Cyanogenmod 10 on my LG Motion and I like it better than the stock ROM but there are a couple things I don't like that made me switch back and I'm wondering if there is a easy way to fix it. Firstly, the GPS is a couple feet off (its more accurate in the stock ROM), I can't use the voice commands on the Home screen anymore (I often need to find bus routes to places from my current location), and the Call Volume is not loud enough (I can barely hear people on my conversations). And lastly, it appears I can only run at 3G and although the LG Software option is no longer available, I can live without On-screen phone if need be. Is there a way to fix these problems? I like having a unique phone and the features are pretty nifty...

Here you go..
http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/742233-issues-bobz-cm10.html

Despite everything I still use this rom everyday..

So basically Bobs rom is now 99.8 perfect ? :D

I would say about 98%, the gps can get a little weird when using navigation, but bottom line, it works :) it seems like the issues exist on a case by case basis. Some people report issues that others don't. A think a clean factory install of stock first is the best way to go. It eliminates any tweaks or mods you may have installed that won't be overwritten by BobZ's build that cause problems. I'm thrilled, I have a very stable, nearly complete jellybean on my motion. Me =happy :D

Back
Top Bottom