• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best streaming app?

Hey guys, I just want to be able to access videos, mp3s and PDF files from my Android tablet. My videos, mp3s and PDFs are stored on a PC running Windows 8 Pro. I want to make the Win8 machine the place where all files are stored.

How can I do this so that I don't need to keep a USB drive connected to the Android tablet?

I use VLC streamer, but it's a bit flakey in the sense that sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't.

What's the most popular app?

Thanks!

The only one that I remember using is Plex, which works great when combined with the Plex server application installed on the PC. It has been quite a while since I used it, but it still seems to be pretty popular. :thumbup:

plex for videos and music. best app ever. you can even watch your stuff remotely...meaning i can be across the country and still watch the content on my pc sitting at home.

i use team viewer to access documents.

I thought this was the case as well, but then I saw this: http://www.amazon.com/Ap-Developers-And-Designers-FoxFire/dp/B00ELHHW72/

Here's a suspicious one on Amazon from those peeps...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EV...qid=1395788623&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
Charging 99c for a free Google app, Google SkyMap. And what's with the Firefox "Lite" stuff as well they're apparently selling?

Presumably if something is out of order in the Amazon store, like pirated apps, they can be reported and action taken?

That's the same URL as on the Play Store listing, so I'd say it's good to go. :thumbup:

Maybe not...

Domain*Name*:*estrongs.com

Registrar:*eName*Technology*Co.,Ltd.
Registrant*Contact*Information*:*
LinYu
Xiamen*eName*Technology*Co.,Ltd.
CN*Fujian*Xiamenshi*Software*Park*wanghai*Road*No.*19,*603*361000

:rolleyes: no comment.

These are peeps apparently charging money for Firefox and Google stuff on Amazon. So be suspicious, and I think it should be reported to Amazon and Google.

Maybe not...

LinYu

These are peeps apparently charging money for Firefox and Google stuff on Amazon. So be suspicious, and I think it should be reported to Amazon and Google.

Wait. What does this mean?

Maybe not...

LinYu

What does this mean?

Back
Top Bottom