• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best Verizon Note 3 Rom

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
So here it is, I've decided while LG is pretty much right up there with Samsung at the moment that I went and upgraded to the Note 3. Yeah the Note 4 is out there but I don't have that kind of money to spend at the moment. And besides my father in law got the Note 4 and if he wants to trade me then I'll be happy to do so. So I'm coming from the LG G2. Some might ask why not go with the G3? Well my answer to that is I wanted a phablet. The G Vista was an obvious downgrade in every spec I read about it compared to even my G2. So my Note 3 is sitting in the mailbox right now and once I get to it I will first want to set it up, and then get rid of touchwhiz. I hate touchwhiz so very much! So I know the rooting method is out there in the forum and I will read it, however I have a track record of bricking every samsung phone I have ever tried to root in the past. So yeah, I'm really rather stupified as to why I took this phone over my other options but oh well it's done now. So if you would please leave me a list or link the thread that has the best Rom to try that is stable. And I believe I'll be on lollipop. If I'm wrong then please correct me. Thank you ahead of time!!

I have a Verizon Note 3 and every time I have tried flashing a rom using safestrap I have soft bricked my phone. I have tried it 3 or 4 times and I have never been able to successfully flash a rom. I used to have a Verizon Galaxy S3 and flashed a ton of different roms on it and rarely had an issue. I think the Note 3 is just more of a complicated phone when it comes to flashing roms, or im doing ir completely wrong and dont know it. Either way I have yet to find a start to finish article with step by step detailed instructions for a dummy like me to flash a rom without an issue. All I'm saying is be careful. And if I could flash a rom successfully (lol) I would flash a touchwiz rom. I can only handle anything else before I become bored and miss the features of touchwiz. Sorry for the long post. I wanted to answer you, inform you, and hopefully get a little help from someone so I can finally flash a rom :/

Yeah I'm just not a fan of touchwhiz. I hate that Samsung tries to force you to use all these apps and features on their phones. I'm just not a fan of being forced to do that so when it comes down to it that's why I like to root and flash rom's. And don't worry about the long post. Mine was long too. But hey I guess time will tell if we get an answer. And I'd rather not try with a day old phone to soft brick or hard brick it for that matter. I'm already on lollipop and it's running just fine. I'm almost done with setting it up the way I had my old phone. I still have to log into all my accounts and such but that's easy. The hard part is the pictures, ringtones, and custom settings that go along with those. I hope there is some help coming our way soon please!!

Back
Top Bottom