• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best way to make international phone calls?

Ventada

I will be doing some traveling over this summer and am wondering what the best way to make phone calls back to the States is for free. I know that you can use skype but I am pretty sure that that costs money. Anybody have any suggestions? I am also on sprint and have a rooted Evo so if anybody has any solutions to using my phone for free would be great.

I will be doing some traveling over this summer and am wondering what the best way to make phone calls back to the States is for free. I know that you can use skype but I am pretty sure that that costs money. Anybody have any suggestions? I am also on sprint and have a rooted Evo so if anybody has any solutions to using my phone for free would be great.

Give these a try.

OTO Free International Call - Android app on AppBrain

Cheap international calls - Android app on AppBrain

A - International Cell plan with Sprint. Depending on the country and if they have CDMA you can make calls but the carrier overseas will charge you roaming fees for using their tower. Pay maybe 25 cents a minute for calls made.

B. Skype isn't cheaper than Google Voice but its the best option in my opinion. I used it in Kyrgyzstan over. WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom