• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better Email Widget than HTC Sense? (no Launcher)

Jezston

Recently managed to get the new Sense on my HTC One S which is great having been stuck on android 4.1.1 for ages.

However, the email widget is even more ridiculous a change than from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1 - in the old one you could get about 8 emails on the widget display, this then went down to 6 as HTC for some reason decided to make everything bigger. Now on the new sense it's RIDICULOUS - I can see about 3 emails at a time as everything is enormous, and there appears to be no way to change this.

Are there any other email widgets out there that DON'T require a different loader to be installed?

Tried the commercial Invalidobject Email Widget but it couldn't see my HTC email application so that was a non starter.

I know the gmail widget fits more on the screen than the HTC one. That would work if the account you want showing is a gmail account. If not, I searched around some and didn't see much that I liked the styling of(I don't usually use a email widget myself). But there are a few in the play store.

I know the gmail widget fits more on the screen than the HTC one. That would work if the account you want showing is a gmail account. If not, I searched around some and didn't see much that I liked the styling of(I don't usually use a email widget myself). But there are a few in the play store.

Giving this a bump as I kind of forgot about it after having a look - the only ones I could find in the play store were ones that required a new launcher.

Does anyone know of any?

Not using Gmail, so that sadly wouldn't help.

Newby question even though I am not an Android newby. Where is the email widget and how to install on the home screen? I use the standard email app for Yahoo and Outlook emails but cannot find the widget to view emails on the home screen. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom