• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Big clock?

harvickchick

Android Enthusiast
I'd love to have the big clock/weather thingie like you see in the Evo commercials and a few others. Is that an app/widget? Or is that phone specific? I think it's really cool...hahha.

Also, I'm wondering about themes....like making the colors of the phone different and the icons and stuff. I googled android 2.1 themes but I was really confused at the results.

I'm new to android, only had the phone less than a month so I apologize if these are stupid questions lol

The clock/weather widget you see on the evo comercials is a widget specific to HTC manufactured phones only. However, there are similar Widgets in the market that you can download or purchase. Beautiful Widgets is my preference.

I just installed fancy...its great! Wonderful alternative to the HTC one. I'm gonna check out the other one too: ) thanks!

Anyone have experience on how much these two apps drain battery? Also, does Beautiful Widget's live wallpaper feature work on our phone? Also, anyone try other time and weather type widgets? (I like the EVO old alarm clock, flipping look.)

I've had fancy widget for a week or so and I haven't noticed any battery difference. I also have it set to update every time I unlock the phone, which is a lot. You can choose how often it updates!
It's really great. Very pretty! I love it <3

ive been looking for a good customizable widget app. on the market now and will post impression as well =)

I have used FlipClock xTheme for a few days, it's not to bad and looks pretty customizable. It looks like the old style flip clocks but doesn't actually flip though.

Back
Top Bottom