• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bionic charging issue

San Antone RR

OK. I am not a newb and did search the forum.

Non-rooted Bionic that I've had a while. Performing like a champ until last night. Wouldn't charge. Plugged wall charger into my Sprint Moment and nada. Dead wall charger. No problem, I've got other wall chargers. Plugged two different MyTouch 4G wall chargers into it and ot nothing. Both of these work with previously mentioned Moment.

Plugged the phone into the USB on my lappy. Lightning bolt on the battery in the status bar appears. TOUCHDOWN!!! Battery widget that shows a percentage continues to go down even though it shows charging. It has been plugged in for more than an hour and is holding steady at 2%.

Is there an wattage issue at work here like with some laptop chargers? Thanks in advance for the help.

There has been issues with non moto chargers not working. The phone should be charging from the USB at least slowly. Are you running any apps or something running in the back ground? You could have a battery issue also. Try shutting the phone off and charging it to see if it increases.

Thanks guys. Charger that came with it died. I left it plugged into the lappy overnight and it took a charge. That's how I've been charging for the last few days since this occurred. The Verizon store near me only has the universal chargers and they won't charge my phone.
Ordered one direct from Verizon.

I started having the same issue. I called and they offered me the droid charge or razr. I opted to upgrade to Samsung G3. Sucks to be me as I now have a new lapdock that I will no longer be able to use.

I to have been having this problem since i went to 232. On 905 charger charged. on 232 it wont charge unless i shut it off. Every night i charge my phone only to wake up its at the same percent as when i plugged it in. Sometimes it will even die!

Back
Top Bottom