• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bit.ly page

Rahdni

When I wake my phone up, usually it shows the screen I was on when it went to sleep, but lately it wakes up and the screen is the bit.ly page. How do I stop this from happening. It is getting very annoying. I have no idea why it is showing up after so many years of not being there. Please help.
Can I delete the app or turn off the page? I can't find it anywhere on my phone.

just wipe cache and data for your browser
Happened again. Wiped history and data and cookies. It is a search page with bit.ly at top of screen. Can't figure out what is causing it to load instead of home screen. If i press home button, it dissapears and home screen pops up. It's not there when I launch Google browser. I think it's the Samsung browser launching it because if I look at task killer, it shows a Samsung page.

Something similar happens on my phone and it is very annoying. So far not able to fix it with the recommended actions. Hope you get this resolved.

ok if it is a pop up then you have some kind of adware installed. it might be attached to an app you have downloaded or it came attached to an app update. i would try your phone in safe mode and see if it still happens. if it does not happen in safe mode, then it is definitely an adware app and you will need to uninstall any or all recent apps one by one to find the culprit.

Something similar happens on my phone and it is very annoying. So far not able to fix it with the recommended actions. Hope you get this resolved.
Think I figured it out. Go to app. manager, Samsung internet, uninstall all previous updates, wipe app. data, restart phone. I did this and so far it is working. No more bit.ly or other wierd pages loading on their own. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom