• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blackberry email on my android

sfd4

Lurker
Jul 7, 2011
I am thinking of switching from a blackberry to an at&t android. A problem I have is I use my blackberry email address all the time and would be very difficult to not use it as I have many people who sent to me with it. Is there an app or a way to continue to get my BB emails ?

You can forward everything from the blackberry email to your gmail, that way you will get the emails instantly (within a few seconds) on your android.

But if the OP switches to Android, I believe this will necessarily discontinue the BIS (or BES) data plan and the blackberry email address with it; the blackberry email address will be invalid.

I don't think there's any way around losing the blackberry email address if you drop the blackberry service.

Reactions: KENNECTED
Upvote 0
this is the only reason why I do not use an email account provided by my ISP or other service provider.

I figure that, seeing as my ISP is already trusted with financial details, they are the logical choice to trust with such personal and identifying documents like email.

but then, upon changing provider, you are faced with a dilemma such as this.

which is why I think that using a third party email provider is the simplest solution, requiring the least maintenance overall.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones