• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blacklist Calls

SNeitzel

Android Enthusiast
One thing I really miss about the custom ROM on my OG DrOID was the dialer that allowed me to blacklist phone numbers. I've looked at a few apps on the market but am wondering if anyone here had used and is happy with any one in particular?

VZW allows you to block 5 numbers, aside from that I have not seen anything else. I would love to be able to block entire exchanges.

The method I use is to send all the calls that bug me to 1 contact (I labeled "A Spam") and have that contact og directly to VM.

I've used a free app called Mr. Number for a while now, does the job with lots of options. Can block numbers that start with a certain area code, block everything except your contacts, choose between sending to voicemail or auto hang up on the person, can block texts as well but with the additional option of logging the messages, so you won't get the message or the alert as it arrives, but you can go into the Mr. Number app to see it later. Or turn the logging off and the text will be blocked and gone for good.

I have been using the free version of Call Control. It seems to work well. I haven't tried TouchPal so I can't compare.

I have been using the free version of Call Control. It seems to work well. I haven't tried TouchPal so I can't compare.
In addition to Touch Pad Dialer, they have a pretty good Touch Pad Keyboard that does some incredible stuff!

There was a complaint about Touch Pad Dialer not being able to dial 911 but I haven't (nor do I plan to) check that out yet.

Call Control looks good too. I may have to try that one out as well. The only thing that I didn't like about it so far was "- Personal Blacklist and Whitelist - Add any phone number or area code (3 number limit in free version)." The FCC Do Not Call list integration is nice.

Back
Top Bottom