• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bloatwere/Safe Apps to Remove

starxpilot

Android Enthusiast
Do we have a list of what can be safely removed, without repercussions? I understand that freezing applications is another option instead of making them disappear all together, however given with it's just over half a gigabyte of storage space inside this phone, I would rather remove the 10-20 megabytes of junk that plague it.

I was able to remove the Blockbuster, YellowPages and one Twitter apks off of it, I wonder what else can go off as well.

(Unless a ROM removes all of this for me, I haven't touched them yet, I like to use Stock for some strange reason.)

i dont have a list,but generally anything int he app drawer is fine.

there are benefits to freezing apps,however... if you freeze them for a couple days first,then you can always melt them if they have an adverse affect on thigns.

as long as you are cautious,you can remove literally anything and see how it affects things :eek:

1)make a backup
2)freeze a small handfull of apps. run the phone a few days
3)delte apps if no issue
4)repeat 1-3 until all your apps are gone.

that way,id you freeze something that wont let the phone function to melt it,you can alwasy just restore a backup. before sense started to grow on me(sense 4) i used to run de-sensed,debloated stock,and youd prolly be surprised how much you can eliminate and still ahve a perfectly functional phone.

just make sure some things,you have the replacement installed before freezing,like keyboards,and launchers ;)

That is quite alright scotty85, I have went ahead and removed some 'third parties' that I know are not related to the phone's core, or carrier core, and have started to freeze other applications, such as the stock browser, AT&T applications, a few other applications that are not needed, et centra.

Indeed, I had forgotten how safe it was to simply freeze the application versus deleting, the only problem where deleting is more viable, is due to it freeing up memory, of which this mobile device severely lacks. Thank you for reminding me.

I am surprised, I have an ZTE N9120 and the amount of items gone after I rooted that, frightens me, the phone, is so light. Then the LG MS770s I found, not only surprised me, but rather had me worried that so many applications where gone, but it works like a vehicle with infinite amounts of boost. The method on that phone, is something I sort of wish was more available across other mobile devices.

I do appreciate the feedback. I just now also noticed your signature's first word, and reminded me of how certain I was on you 'delivering'.
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom