• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blocked for service

Randymanme

A friend bought a Samsung Galaxy Note (nice phone!) and gave me her T-Mobile LG E739. I'm pleased to receive it. But when I took it to a T-Mobile store to get service, I was told that the phone had been blocked for service because of an unpaid bill.

What am I to do? I took it to a store and bought a Simple Mobile Monthly plan, but it hasn't worked yet. At the time, a storm had ripped through Central Ohio and 10 other states and a lot of people were without power. Simple Mobile customer service said that it had 200 towers out of commission in several Ohio counties (including mine). But will Simple Mobile work on a phone that has been blocked for service?

The phone will not connect to USB. This appears to be something that occurring from within (inside) the phone. So I can'T root it or do anything that requires an USB connection?

What can I do? Isn't there some key combination that will undo these problems?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I've never heard of that happening before... I've only heard of a phone being blocked because it was stolen. My wife was able to use her E739 on SimpleMobile's network, but she switched it while her service with TMobile was still active... I don't know if it will work on their network or not in your case, but I don't see why not.

Thank you for your response and suggestion.

I've just sent the woman who gave me the phone a Facebook message asking her if she got out of her contract by reporting the phone stolen?

Let's, just for the sake of hypothesis, suppose that that's what did happen. What can i do now? Do you think T-Mobile would honestly confirm or deny?

I've already gotten a better phone from Verizon. I was just going to keep the MyTouch to tinker with and see if I could get it working. But, now, I don't know about that. If I'm guilty of receiving stolen property, I think I'd rather return it to it's rightful owner -- which I presume to be T-Mobile. I'm certain that she bought it new.

Cheers

Get the phone unlocked, I went through a big mess with t-mobile because I could not get any service were I moved to, and they wanted me to keep paying for a phone I could not use, so I quit paying them and they blocked my phone, I paid to get it unlocked and now I am using it through anothrer company WITH SERVICE !

I don't think unlocking the phone is necessary. My phone was blocked for the same reason and I was able to put a Simple Mobile Sim card in it and it works fine. You just have to make sure you have the phone's APN programmed for Simple Mobile's network.

Back
Top Bottom