• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth accessories and music players

shmn

Android Enthusiast
I use a Kinivo BTC450 bluetooth adapter that allows me to play music (or make phone) calls through my car stereo over BT. It works great. I have three of these...one for each vehicle.

When I get in any of the vehicles and press the big button on the Kinivo, music starts to play automatically through Poweramp. However, once in a while it will try to start playing music through the Amazon mp3 app but the app gives an error and if I press the Kinivo button again, music starts playing through Poweramp.

Now, there isn't a way to set up a default music player (AFAIK) on this phone. I never told Kinivo which app to use. How does it know to use Poweramp? Why doesn't it use the stock music player (which I've used before but don't anymore)? Why does it try to sometimes use the Amazon mp3 app?

I checked under the Application Manager and none of the these apps have anything set under "Launch by default" so I can't clear anything since the "Clear Defaults" button is grayed out.

I do have a small Poweramp widget on my home screen (no lockscreen is in use). Is this what is forcing Poweramp to be the "default". If so, why does Amazon mp3 sometimes try to start?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom