• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth auto connect issues

tystevens

I recently got an G Pro, coming from an HTC One X. Both are/were on AT&T. G Pro seems like a decent phone so far, but I'm having issues with consistent bluetooth connection issues. I use 3 bluetooth connections regularly (2 vehicles and a Garmin cycling computer). The HTC would hook up to bluetooth on its own when I started the vehicles or when I turned on the Garmin. But the G Pro is inconsistent. With my GM vehicle, it hooks up on its own about 50% of the time. With my Garmin, also about 50%. With my Ford, it is about 10%, and sometimes hooks up with a media only connection (no phone). When the phone does not connect, I have to go in, open the Bluetooth in the settings menu and manually connect.

Is there a setting in the phone somewhere that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

Go to SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH > PAIRED DEVICES

Tap on the gear icon next to the device name.
You should see a heading named Connection access.
Tap on it & you'll get a Pop-Up w/the options Automatic & Always ask.
Select Automatic & see if the device stays connected or,at least,if it periodically drops connection,should re-connect on its own.

Thanks Kolio. I only get that option for my Garmin device, which is already set to automatic. I don't get the option for the GM or Ford pairings. Under those devices, I only have the option to unpair or rename the device.

I too wish it were that easy to fix.
I figured you'd already checked that,but,I always try to start w/the easiest fix & go from there. :thumb:

Are you on the latest update (ANDROID 4.4.2)?

I hate to be a typical Android user, and tell you to try out this app, or try out this other app to fix your problem.This is the complaint file by a recent iPhone switch hitter. But since you've asked, you shall get my advice. I'm going to tell you to try out Tasker. With Tasker you can make the blue tooth connect according to each circumstance. However, tasker app will take some time to learn and get use to, just to let you know that.

Back
Top Bottom