• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth "connecting" ... "disconnecting" ... "connecting" ...

Kevin-B

Since the most recent mini-update (without documentation) it has been impossible to connect my phone to my car using bluetooth. I have deleted the phone from the car's screens and the car from the phone's screens to start completely fresh (twice), but when I get in the car the car's screen says "connecting" ... "disconnecting" ... " connecting" ... ad infinitum.

Car: 2014 Toyota Rav4
Phone: Verizon Turbo, recently replaced because it wouldn't get 4g Data.

Another potential diagnostic note: my partner's Verizon Turbo with a 2012 Rav4 does not have this problem. I am inclined to believe that this indicates the bulk of the problem is on the car end. But then again, it was the phone that changed, not the car.

Thoughts from the smart folk?

Have cleared cache and restarted phone, as well as started in safe mode. The problem persists. The Verizon online chat person (who was oddly knowledgeable and helpful for once) suggested a couple of things without result. We discovered that the phone's Bluetooth antenna works fine, though.

I'm now thinking the problem may be on the car's Blutetooth software, which does not act like the manual says it will.

Any final words of wisdom?

I have the EXACT problem with mine. I tried everything I could find to do as well. I chatted Motorola and they are going to replace my phone. I told them them I did 2 factory resets as well as cleared the cache. 2 minutes later I had an option to send it back and then wait 4 days to get mine or give them $500.00 to hold + charge me $25.00 and they will ship out a phone right ow to me and refund me once they receive the defective phone. I wish it didn't come to this as I will be out of a phone for a week.

We're now thinking it's a car problem. We've tried two identical Turbos which now seem to exhibit the same problem (though my partner's did not at first). No info about this on the internets that I can find. I'm going to take it up with Toyota next.

I never had a problem connecting to my car ( 2013 Nissan Altima SL ), prior to the Lollipop upgrade. I just shipped my phone today to have it replaced. I also wanted to mention that when I would stream music from my Bluetooth speaker in my house I also was not able to hear my calls as well. Its the phone, call Motorola.

Thanks, Doug: this is very helpful. What made you decide to call Motorola rather than Verizon? I bought the Turbo from Verizon.

(FWIW: My previous problem with the Turbo led me to call Verizon who did the "advance exchange" for free -- the one you said Moto would put a $500 hold on your account for. Not that that's the reason to select one vendor over the other.)

Fantastic question and I wish I had a great answer and maybe I don't want to know that I could have received my phone sooner if I had. I feel like I am walking around naked in the word and I don't know what to do with my hands now that I don't have my phone. That was me be funny....lol I just happen to be on the Motorola site trying to find a solution and I saw the chat support option and took it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Doug. I'll check out Moto and Verizon and see who has a better answer. Appreciate the help (and the humor!)

Back
Top Bottom