• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth headphones icon is stuck on, cannot hear calls

r0ckstarr

On my phone, the headphones bluetooth icon started showing up. The phone is acting like I have a headset plugged in. I do not have a headset. I cannot hear any calls. I've rebooted the phone, pulled the battery, went through all settings, tried blowing into the jack, tried plugging something in and out a few times, and even tried various apps that claim to disable bluetooth headsets. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMGP4262.JPG
    IMGP4262.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 67
I think I may have a bad jack. I took the end of a shoestring and touched the outer plastic rim of the 3.5mm jack. If I put just a tiny bit of pressure on it pushing towards the left with the screen facing me, the icon goes off. If I let go, the icon comes right back.

Besides getting a new phone, how possible would it be to open the phone and disconnect the 3.5mm jack?

The BT icon has little to do with your headset jack. A BT headset would be connected via BT and not the jack. However, you may have some debris or some reason the jack thinks you have a headset plugged in and is muting your speakers. Have you tried a can of compressed air? If you plug in a set of headsets, do they work?

I would be more suspect of your speaker. Are you certain it's in working order? They normally start sounding bad before quitting unless the phone suffered some trauma. I wish I had more to offer.

Back
Top Bottom