• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth & One Other Odd Issue Since Update

SMWAS

I am bringing up my Bluetooth problem in a separate thread to see if anyone can offer any suggestions. Ever since the update, when I listen to anything through bluetooth, it is really spotty. In fact it is sometimes so bad that the app will pause because it thinks the bluetooth headphones/speakers have been disconnected. This happens on both my bluetooth headphones and on my bluetooth car adapter, so it is not a problem with those. This happens using different apps (e.g., PlayerPro, Podcast Addict), so it isn't an app problem. This never happened prior to the update, and started happening immediately after the update. It is ridiculous when the audio first starts. After a while, it moves to "tolerable, but irritating" (I have no idea why it improves after a period).

I read there is a problem with using WiFi and bluetooth now (who on God's green earth is so stupid that they thought users would not ever want to use bluetooth and WiFi at the same time?), so I set up a SmartAction to turn off my WiFi when any of my bluetooth devices are connected. However, that did not solve anything.

I tried a FDR, and that did absolutely NOTHING to improve my phone at any noticeable level. (The only thing it did was cause me to lose progress in games and take hours to get my phone back to where I wanted.)

The second problem since the update is something really odd. Many times when I am "back arrowing" out of an app, Chrome opens. It isn't the end of the world, but it is annoying.

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

As an update, the second issue is not unique to Chrome it turns out. Yesterday, another app (Real Restaurants) would pop open sometimes when I back-arrowed out of other apps. I had used that app earlier in the day. I went to the list of running apps, and it was not listed. The only thing that finally stopped it was doing a soft battery pull. I am sure that did not fix the issue permanently, just for that particular app for now.

Since you did a Factory data Reset have you then tried running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them)? If it changes then it was caused by an app that you added.

... Thom

For the second issue, that would not be practical. It only happens intermittently, so that would mean I would need to go around for maybe an entire day to see if it happens with all my non-stock apps disabled. If I decided it was an installed app, then I would have to enable one app at a time for perhaps a day until I found the culprit.

The latest soak test appears to fix the bluetooth issues. It just started being released last night and people have reported bluetooth appears to be working great (no skipping, drop outs, etc).

Hopefully, as small as the soak test was (around 7mb), it should come out within a week or so.

Or you could go here and get it now and not wait -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/49699-1834610xt926-ota/

Please understand, if you are rooted or have modified your system in any other way (froze or removed bloatware), then you will have to revert back to a stock image first (uninstalling root won't do it, especially if you've removed any stock apps). So, backup your data, flash the latest KK FXZ and apply the update via the stock recovery. You cannot install it via TWRP or CWM, so don't try it.

Also, if you have NOT unlocked your bootloader yet (as can be done on the first KK OTA released back in May), then do it now! This soak test patches the bootloader exploit as well as the towelroot exploit.

What that means is, if you apply the soak test BEFORE you unlock your bootloader, you are hosed as far as obtaining root. Towelroot does NOT work on the soak test. I have confirmed that (I have an unlocked bootloader so I didn't have any fear of taking the soak).

If you take the soak before unlocking, then do not expect much sympathy because there is no way to go back to a previous version and you have been warned.

Back
Top Bottom