• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bluetooth tethering

bobloadmire

Android Enthusiast
Has anyone found a solution to enable this? I have been trying various apps to tether to my Transformer, but no dice.

PDAnet has an app just for this. It's called PDAnet Tablet. Download it on both your OE and your Transformer. Then run it on both, choose your phone to be the server and your Transformer to be the (insert other one here because I forgot what they called it).

Unfortunately it uses foxfi which is a no go on the transformer :-[

I thought I read that this specific combination does work on the Transformer (not referring to the Prime). Using PdaNet tablet on the Transformer and FoxFi on a phone? I didn't think installing FoxFi on the Transformer was even necessary.

I can't get it to work for sure on the latest JB rom. Tried a bunch of kernals.

Have you seen this note from FoxFi?

'*the Asus Transformer/Prime version of ICS firmware is missing the "tun.ko" component which is required for our Bluetooth Internet solution to work properly. So, this particular tablet is not supported UNLESS you root the system and install "tun.ko" manually" (google for details).'

I know you said you're on JB now, but maybe you should check to see if tun.ko is present...just a suggestion. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom