• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth & WIFI not working no matter what I'm doing

Azrailmewt

Lurker
Aug 18, 2015
Hello
I'm absolutely desparate now. D6503 and right now back to 5.1.1 Lollipop.
A year ago all of a sudden my WIFI and Bluetooth started to have a malfunction - without me doing anything! All of a sudden I couldn't turn on WIFI & Bluetooth.
I contacted Sony (a Company I learned to hate) and they did sent me my phone back because the phone was bend - which was not my doing, it just bend on it's own and don't ask me how that happened. They said the warranty was lost.
So no warranty and I fought a lot with Sony and yeah, forget it. They didn't even care to screw the phone back, didn't even sent me the screws, the phone came dismantled and I had to live with it.
Nonetheless the WIFI & Bluetooth issue WAS NOT SOLVED.
So because I did spent a **bleep** lot of money for that phone and God knows I'll never buy a Sony again because of Sony and this horrible experience, I kept it and just used mobile data. Two months later, all of a sudden, without me doing anything - the Wifi and Bluetooth WORKED, just out of the blue without any explanation. I mean like a miracle.
That was eight month ago. Though the Wifi worked, it sucked brutally and I had to put a new antenna in it and after that everything worked fine.
A week ago , after 5.1.1., I experienced something called "Sudden death". I was chatting on FB in the night and put the phone next to my bed and slept. After waking up, I wanted to check the time, and the phone was dead. Like absolutely dead. Nothing was helping at all. So I let it charge for 3-4 hours. Still dead, only red LED. After trying everything possible, I went to someone to fix it and I have no idea what he did, but he could turn it on and he worked two days on that thing to get it back to life and I had to change the battery.
So yesterday I was in my WIFI and had to use Bluetooth. Everything was working fine. On the train I turned WIFI off.
Today, back home from a visit, I turned my WIFI on - and it was scanning the area, and it didn't find anything. So I restarted my Xperia after restarting Routers etc. etc., and we are back at the beginning. The *ultimate super* WIFI is not turning on again.

So I thought, **bleep** perhaps this whole happened because of 5.1.1, so I downgraded, I rooted, I really did everything I could.
There are two things I noticed:
1. When I started in safe mode, I saw that my bluetooth seems to be crazy and turning itself on and off all the time. I couldn't stop it.
2. When I installed Cyanogen 12.1 and it started,in hope, it could solve my problem, it brought all the time this error: "bluetooth-share exited/quit" [in german: bluetooth-freigabe beendet] and it didn't stop popping up and that caused it to crash and it was rebooting and crashing rebooting etc. etc.

This is the same message but from someone else in the Internet:

Quote:
Build fingerprint: 'Sony/D6503/D6503:5.0.2/23.1.A.1.28/151083418:user/release-keys'
Revision: '0'
ABI: 'arm'
pid: 13943, tid: 13961, name: BluetoothAdapte >>> com.android.bluetooth <<<
signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x0
r0 b5030dc8 r1 00000000 r2 aca3167c r3 aca42378
r4 aec28940 r5 000102e8 r6 b505212a r7 00000000
r8 12d655e0 r9 b482b800 sl 00000000 fp 12d944a0
ip b6dda1a9 sp ac8e29b8 lr ac9dd6c3 pc 00000000 cpsr 600e0010

backtrace:
#00 pc 00000000 <unknown>
#01 pc 000fa6c1 /system/lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so (vendor_ssrcleanup+12)
#02 pc 0003abfb /system/lib/hw/bluetooth.default.so (bte_ssr_cleanup+38)
#03 pc 00003cb3 /system/lib/libbluetooth_jni.so
#04 pc 000e2cd3 /data/dalvik-cache/arm/system@app@Bluetooth@Bluetooth.apk@classes.dex

So, what could I do? Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones