• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Blurred text

tkavan

Occasionally when I turn the page on a book or magazine article on my Tab 2 10.1, the new page's text is blurred. Sometimes it becomes sharp after a second or two. If it doesn't I change the orientation briefly, and that sharpens the text. Or I may go back one page and then ahead again, and this time the new page is OK.

Has anyone else experienced this? Might it indicate a hardware problem? Or is it just "one of those things"?

Thanks for any help.
Tom

Sounds more like two things. These units only have 1gb of ram... when you get closer to that amount, Android has to start thinking, closing, disabling what it can to free up resources.

It's really kind of ridiculous that any of the models (phones/tablets) in the last 2 - 3 years have had less than 2gb.

Android is getting hung up on the page, just like you see, when sometimes viewing a picture, that won't load properly, or hangs up.

Sounds more like two things. These units only have 1gb of ram... when you get closer to that amount, Android has to start thinking, closing, disabling what it can to free up resources.

It's really kind of ridiculous that any of the models (phones/tablets) in the last 2 - 3 years have had less than 2gb.

Android is getting hung up on the page, just like you see, when sometimes viewing a picture, that won't load properly, or hangs up.

Yes, it does often happen when the next page has a picture on it.
Is there any way of freeing up system memory by unloading apps not currently in use? Or is the only solution to wait for a new version with more memory? :mad:

Go into your Task Manager, close any apps running, that you aren't using, under Active Applications. Then check RAM Manager and free up what it will.

Back
Top Bottom