• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boar Head Meat Recall

There's a big recall of Boar Head Deli Meat. 71 different meat items have been recalled. There has actually been a couple of deaths from it
Boar's Head Provisions Co. Expands Recall for Ready-To-Eat Meat and Poultry Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination | Food Safety and Inspection Service

I have an Albertson grocery store called Jewel-Osco by me in Illinois that sells Boar Head Deli Meat. I bought their Olive Loaf a couple of weeks ago and got an email from the grocery store today. I have eaten all of the Olive Loaf, but I learned a long time ago to always heat Deli Meat up to prevent any problems, All the Olive Loaf I ate was heated up

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 22-54-21 (1 unread) - apalandri@att.net - AT&T Yahoo Mail.png

Last edited:
This wouldn't work for me: I don't use store loyalty cards, so the store wouldn't know who I am, what I have bought or how to contact me.

But hey, if it saves someone a nasty experience then it's a good idea. Otherwise people who don't listen to the news and don't go to the store very often won't hear about it.

Upvote 0
This wouldn't work for me: I don't use store loyalty cards, so the store wouldn't know who I am, what I have bought or how to contact me.

But hey, if it saves someone a nasty experience then it's a good idea. Otherwise people who don't listen to the news and don't go to the store very often won't hear about it.
Likewise, takes too much time on reading through emails, the local grocery store stopped giving us birthday cakes ages ago.

Upvote 0
There's a big recall of Boar Head Deli Meat. 71 different meat items have been recalled. There has actually been a couple of deaths from it
Boar's Head Provisions Co. Expands Recall for Ready-To-Eat Meat and Poultry Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination | Food Safety and Inspection Service

I have an Albertson grocery store called Jewel-Osco by me in Illinois that sells Boar Head Deli Meat. I bought their Olive Loaf a couple of weeks ago and got an email from the grocery store today. I have eaten all of the Olive Loaf, but I learned a long time ago to always heat Deli Meat up to prevent any problems, All the Olive Loaf I ate was heated up

View attachment 174826
Yeah used to have a few of the Jewel-Osco, there is still one somehow in Urbana. Just a desert wasteland.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones