• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boat browser FC on 4.2

Since 4.2 I can't get Flash to work reliably on Firefox, Dolphin 8.5.1, or Boat. Prior to the update I could run Flash on Dolphin pretty much without any problem and I use it A LOT. This update has thoroughly pissed me off as I use Flash a lot.

Before anyone suggests the following, I've already done it, repeatedly.

Cleared data, deleted flash, browsers, reinstalled. It just isn't working on 4.2. sigh. FC on all three browsers either when a page comes up that has flash content, or shortly after beginning to play a video.
 
Since 4.2 I can't get Flash to work reliably on Firefox, Dolphin 8.5.1, or Boat. Prior to the update I could run Flash on Dolphin pretty much without any problem and I use it A LOT. This update has thoroughly pissed me off as I use Flash a lot.

Before anyone suggests the following, I've already done it, repeatedly.

Cleared data, deleted flash, browsers, reinstalled. It just isn't working on 4.2. sigh. FC on all three browsers either when a page comes up that has flash content, or shortly after beginning to play a video.

I'm going to do a full wipe and reinstall myself.
 
I'm going to do a full wipe and reinstall myself.

i was hoping someone would go down that road (presuming they (you) are having FC with many of the Flash-capable browsers). this breaking of flash is really pissing me off. I don't find anything so "wonderful" about 4.2 that I'd prefer to have any of its new features, if Flash browsers are always going to FC.
 
i was hoping someone would go down that road (presuming they (you) are having FC with many of the Flash-capable browsers). this breaking of flash is really pissing me off. I don't find anything so "wonderful" about 4.2 that I'd prefer to have any of its new features, if Flash browsers are always going to FC.

Rxpert isn't having issues though. I think I just had a bad installation. Gimme a couple hours and I'll let you know how the full wipe goes.
 
It's probably the apps, just wait for then to be updated to work with 4.2 no need to waste your time reseting the whole thing.

Also, isn't this like the fifth thread of the same thing? :confused:
 
It force closes on me whenever I try to save pictures from a website. I chalk it up to incompatibility with a brand new OS update. Apex Launcher had problems too.
 
I decided to play around and see if I could get streaming sports on First Row Sports to play without unlocking, rooting and installing the original Browser.apk. I tried Boat Browser, which allows you to enable Flash content but it force closes as soon as the video starts to load. Any other suggestions?

Nexus 7 32GB - Android 4.2 JB
 
My Boat was force closing when a flash page was opened. I switched flash from auto to manual and hasn't closed since. Clicking the flash arrow runs flash fine with no force close.

I decided to play around and see if I could get streaming sports on First Row Sports to play without unlocking, rooting and installing the original Browser.apk. I tried Boat Browser, which allows you to enable Flash content but it force closes as soon as the video starts to load. Any other suggestions?

Nexus 7 32GB - Android 4.2 JB
 
Back
Top Bottom