• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Force using Sprint Airave?

2prevail

Android Enthusiast
Though I live in Charlotte my community is to say the least a “deadspot”. A friend of mine has an airave but has moved to a place where signal is great and asked me if I wanted it (still willing to pay the bill too because its on her contract). I said yes but do you guys think I can trick it into allowing access to my Boost Force? For those who don't know what an Airave is, it is like a miniature cell tower in your home.

No it will not work. Ive tried my self personally on a different Boost phone. The service isnt setup the same way sprint is and it doesnt allow it to connect to it. I could use one of those myself right now cause my signal is crap at my house but unfortunately your out of luck with Airave

As redjama said, it won't work on any Boost device. You might be able to connect it but only data would work. Also, I have heard several folks say that when a Boost device is in range of the Airave, it will have no signal at all. You're out of luck with the Airave. It clearly isn't a compatibility issue because Boost runs on the Sprint network. My guess is, its just something Sprint wants to keep exclusive to their contract customers.

Back
Top Bottom