• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost have same as virgin?

notebooko

Android Enthusiast
I have the virgin mobile gs2 and was wondering if I flashed a ROM over at xda if it would work with 4g/3g etc. Thanks.

I have the virgin mobile gs2 and was wondering if I flashed a ROM over at xda if it would work with 4g/3g etc. Thanks.
YES, you are good flashing any Sprint rom. If there is any bloat it will say sprint. you may have to tweak apn to send mms. Top roms are the Blu Kuban,thats what Im on its really nice and bug free. the new FK23 I posted, is the new jelly bean. here ill link you with the top roms for our phone Epic 4G TOUCH..........http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1284....... whole first and second page is where the goods are. enjoy.........................These are rom developement threads, please dont ask how to do stuff, theres plenty of how too's all over the interweb. These threads are for bringing bugs and rom issues up to the devs. Just saying, and remember you and only you are responsible for bricking or destroying your phone. Read and read again just to be safe.

YES, you are good flashing any Sprint rom. If there is any bloat it will say sprint. you may have to tweak apn to send mms. Top roms are the Blu Kuban,thats what Im on its really nice and bug free. the new FK23 I posted, is the new jelly bean. here ill link you with the top roms for our phone Epic 4G TOUCH..........http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1284....... whole first and second page is where the goods are. enjoy

So there is no need to change things like radio to make 4g work? Also, do you know of an mms fix for virgin? Thanks for the reply.

edit: what is FK23 btw? Still getting used to this terminology.

The black is a good one too. I actually put it in my post , then took it out and put the link up. Yes there is a mms fix for virgin and boost. theres a quick fix that may not work or a manual fix, you need your msl for the manual fix. most of the ICS roms in the link come with radios, the Blu Kuban lets you flash different modems "radios" from its updater. TRY the Blu Kuban or the Black rom and mijjz goodness,the lightweight is good too. when your on xda search virgin boost mobile mms fix, there is a zip you can flash in safe recovery. make sure you read and read the developers flashing instructions. some roms have different install instr

The black is a good one too. I actually put it in my post , then took it out and put the link up. Yes there is a mms fix for virgin and boost. theres a quick fix that may not work or a manual fix, you need your msl for the manual fix. most of the ICS roms in the link come with radios, the Blu Kuban lets you flash different modems "radios" from its updater. TRY the Blu Kuban or the Black rom and mijjz goodness,the lightweight is good too. when your on xda search virgin boost mobile mms fix, there is a zip you can flash in safe recovery. make sure you read and read the developers flashing instructions. some roms have different install instr

Thanks I'll be sure to try this in the afternoon.

I was looking at the king kang/ paranoid android thread over on xda and it said do not flash from agats which is the recovery that I'm on right now, so I guess i can't flash those. I have a question though, what is a safe recovery? I'm a bit scared now as to what ROMs I can flash or not because it seems CWM is the preferred recovery but for Virgin Mobile GS2 the only recovery available right now is agats.

I was looking at the king kang/ paranoid android thread over on xda and it said do not flash from agats which is the recovery that I'm on right now, so I guess i can't flash those. I have a question though, what is a safe recovery? I'm a bit scared now as to what ROMs I can flash or not because it seems CWM is the preferred recovery but for Virgin Mobile GS2 the only recovery available right now is agats.
Yea agats, rogue and rujelus recovery is not recommended if flashing K/K. Its important to read, as you did, the devs install instructions. theres a whole thread here. Look under all things root. But Ill fill you in a lil. Use EL26 or EL29 that has safe recovery, usually CWM. So to sum it up even a safe recovery may not be safe to flash all roms. It can be safe to flash mods and zips of add ons but not roms.

The main thing is you use a ginger bread "GB" recovery if your flashing to an ICS rom. If you flash from ICS to ICS you may brick your phone. King Kang I think is jelly Bean that is a whole different animal. Generally I use EL29 with cwm safe recovery to flash to ICS and Jelly Bean unless the dev says different.

Yea agats, rogue and rujelus recovery is not recommended if flashing K/K. Its important to read, as you did, the devs install instructions. theres a whole thread here. Look under all things root. But Ill fill you in a lil. Use EL26 or EL29 that has safe recovery, usually CWM. So to sum it up even a safe recovery may not be safe to flash all roms. It can be safe to flash mods and zips of add ons but not roms.

The main thing is you use a ginger bread "GB" recovery if your flashing to an ICS rom. If you flash from ICS to ICS you may brick your phone. King Kang I think is jelly Bean that is a whole different animal. Generally I use EL29 with cwm safe recovery to flash to ICS and Jelly Bean unless the dev says different.

Thank you. Really helpful information. I'll browse the xda forum a bit more keeping in mind EL26 and EL29. Thanks for preventing a potential brick! :D

Here is a thread at XDA, the link to the EL26 safe recovery download is in there. Its also a good guide how not to brick. Remember this is mainly for gingerbread and ICS, JELLY BEAN may play by different rules, I know some of the AOSP,AOKP based rom may use suggest different kernels to flash from. Its important to read thru the rom threads as well as what the Dev says as it can get confusing.............http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1670651

Back
Top Bottom