• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost is getting the S5!

I just read that. I hope it is correct and not an error for the 4. But the s5 would help sprint with an immediate prepaid release. Will Probably be $500 for a new phone

Great news, but expect closer to $800 than $500.

S5 pre-orders are going around $700 and Boost has traditionally priced their handsets well above market value.

S5 pre-orders are going around $700 and Boost has traditionally priced their handsets well above market value.

I love Android. I have had Samsung for the past 2 years and like them alot. But, I don't care who makes the phone. Never in a million years would I pay $800 for a phone unless it can make me a drink and take me on a vacation ;):D

They know they won't sell at $800. Even when the galaxy s3 came out it was still well below market at $399, considering to buy an s3 outright from a contract carrier was still $600-$650 then

They know they won't sell at $800. Even when the galaxy s3 came out it was still well below market at $399, considering to buy an s3 outright from a contract carrier was still $600-$650 then

The S4 had been out for 2 months and was selling for $650.

At the time Boost price for the S3 was well above other MVNOs.

The Boost Moto G is currently $130 when everywhere else it is $99. That is a 30% Boost tax.

Doesn't boost have LTE sims cards in some phones . just thinking if this has a LTE card this device is gsm ready and should be unlocked to any gsm carrier .just thinking :eek::what:hmmmmm

The S4 had been out for 2 months and was selling for $650.

At the time Boost price for the S3 was well above other MVNOs.

The Boost Moto G is currently $130 when everywhere else it is $99. That is a 30% Boost tax.

The Boost s3 was about $30 or more cheaper than other prepaid carriers such as strait talk

Prepaid is no longer a stepchild. I'm so glad I switched 2 years ago and got out of my contract. Even though I am not using Boost now, I'm glad to see them getting the S5

They've never had a flagship launch like this one though, I'm expecting $700-$750....or we may see a slim down version of it that has an older CPU, 1080p screen only, and some other hardware cuts.

Oh m g. That's great news. That's really good for people who need a flagship phone and with that. Wow. Good news for boost.

Since I have the moto g. Would I be allowed to switch while keeping my plan and everything. Same number?

Oh m g. That's great news. That's really good for people who need a flagship phone and with that. Wow. Good news for boost.

Since I have the moto g. Would I be allowed to switch while keeping my plan and everything. Same number?

You can switch phones anytime you want. It takes about 5 minutes online.

You can switch phones anytime you want. It takes about 5 minutes online.

When I switched from Warp to Warp 4G, I did it directly from the new phone. Just booted up and followed the prompts. Didn't have to go online or call Boost. I don't know if this is one time only for new phones or switching back and forth whenever you want.

Samsung is going the route of apple. Over pricing their phone. LG has way more reasonable prices. Moto x is 400. S4 is 500.

I downloaded the rules for the Samsung s5 giveaway on their website. According to the rules the value of the phone is $700 so I would guess we will see a 499 initial price tag

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393740131370.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393740131370.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 248
So... how much do you think the S4 will be on Boost when then S5 comes out?

I currently have a stupidphone and could buy an SIII for $350 at BestBuy, or wait until the S5 comes out and get an S4... but at what price?

Back
Top Bottom