• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost is getting the S5!

I can't state what/who my sources are, I can say that this information is solid....Like I said though this information can change depending on the sales. Thing can change last second. The GS3 for Boost was supposed to stat at $449 but because sales were low at the time, Samsung made them cheaper only 6 days before launch.

As for a launch date, I may only get it a week prior :(

someone at metropcs forum bought an unlocked S5 for 629.00 . so i guess nevermore is correct at 600 or so. he probably has/works at a dealership. so NDA.

someone at metropcs forum bought an unlocked S5 for 629.00 . so i guess nevermore is correct at 600 or so. he probably has/works at a dealership. so NDA.

I work at one, and they said we won't know till the day it goes on sale. We usually don't get a release date till a day or 2 before hand anyway

a store owner of metropcs said that his shipment is due tomorrow :D
will probably go on sale on friday. he said price at 650$

true kevin. i left boost last december. kinda miss it. i have some signal problem at metro but don't have to deal with dropped calls and 2.5 GB data limitation.

2nd week of May has been confirmed, price is still being determined. Boost is anticipating a $599 launch price, however because sales aren't doing as well as projected for the prepaid side and full price sales, it may be lowered. Samsung has a lot of room to work with on price.

With Boost Mobile showing impressive numbers for 2014 so far, Samsung might work with them to bring a significant drop to the price. However, no one is really sure on well these numbers are for phones that are $250+ so that may not matter.

sorry its totally off topic but last night one+one was released. its a GSM phone, better than my nexus 5, comparable or better than S5, unlocked, 16GB for 300, 64GB for 350. this is one of the reason i switched to a GSM carrier. i do not have to live on the mercy of sprint or boost. check out one plus one section of this forum.

sorry its totally off topic but last night one+one was released. its a GSM phone, better than my nexus 5, comparable or better than S5, unlocked, 16GB for 300, 64GB for 350. this is one of the reason i switched to a GSM carrier. i do not have to live on the mercy of sprint or boost. check out one plus one section of this forum.

So glad metro went gsm for that reason, but it isn't right to gloat over them like that..it's in poor taste

So glad metro went gsm for that reason, but it isn't right to gloat over them like that..it's in poor taste
i do not gloat over them. i started the post saying sorry. to be honest i miss boost. i have been with them almost 4 years! no offense but it started going downhill since sprint totally bought them.
and i am not knocking you either :D so don't get offended.

i do not gloat over them. i started the post saying sorry. to be honest i miss boost. i have been with them almost 4 years! no offense but it started going downhill since sprint totally bought them.
and i am not knocking you either :D so don't get offended.

Oh I am not offended.

Unfortunately I do not have written or printed proof, but I am being told by someone Boost locations will have the phone as early as May 19th, and most of them will have it on May 20th.

Price is still not set in stone, but is set at $599 right now. This could change at any time though. Samsung is still waiting to see how the prepaid companies with the S5 now are doing.

its cheaper than metro. 650$ there.

On top of that, Boost Mobile will probably have a sale on it during the Summer unlike most pre-paid companies who have the S5. Hopefully it's like the $50 Warp 4G promo so it's for current and new customers.

Hopefully they will widen their selection of phones. I think that would bring in a lot of new customers and keep a lot of the old long standing customers happy.

Back
Top Bottom