• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost LG G Stylo get stripped?

Sept1967

Android Enthusiast
The T-Mobile version shows much better stats,

LG G Stylo

T-Mobile site
Memory
•2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, Up to 128GB Expandable Memory

Boost site version
Memory

1GB RAM/8GB ROM

Good catch :)

I'm wondering if it could be an error on the Boost Stylo page though since all the spec lists for it have said 2GB and 16GB. Is the phone in Boost stores yet? Would be interesting to see what the actual storage is.

I would really wish boost release more 2GB Ram+ phones that are more affordable. I don't want to pay up the ass for a Samsung device. And 1GB Ram phones just don't cut it

The camera has different specs also. 13 v 8 on the two phones. For sure some clearing up is needed. Still a nice phone. Is it taking the place of the Max?

Yes the specs are nerfed
uploadfromtaptalk1431500360064.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1431500360064.jpg

That blows with lower specs,

It is just a VOLT with a big screen, not worth $199 then

The ZTE Zmax at Metro is a way better phablet for less money

Looks like Sprint Prepaid is also getting the lower spec version. A Sprint press release lists both Boost Mobile and Sprint Prepaid as having a 8MP rear camera Stylo instead of the 13MP version. They don't mention RAM or storage in the announcement.

Boost is going to lose me if they can't offer better phones besides Samsung and Apple. The LG G2 is hard to find. The G4 would be the one I really want.

I might consider this phone if it had the TMO specs. My S3 is great but I am itching to upgrade

Last edited:
BestBuy currently has both the Samsung Galaxy S4 $199 , and,
LG G2 $159

Both are Sprint versions, which are allowed on Boost.

But yes, it would be nice to see more older flagships offered

BestBuy currently has both the Samsung Galaxy S4 $199 , and,
LG G2 $159

Both are Sprint versions, which are allowed on Boost.

But yes, it would be nice to see more older flagships offered
S4 for $200 wow that's a steal is it unlocked?

See I want a good phone but I like Stock android. D; why can't they just have a BYOP and let me have a nexus?

why can't they just have a BYOP and let me have a nexus?

If you want to use the Sprint/Boost network with a Nexus 5 or Nexus 6 you can BYOD one to Ting, I believe they're the only CDMA MVNO that lets you.

The Nexus 5/6 has to be from the Play Store though, or a Sprint Nexus 5 might work since it was released over a year ago. Also, they are pay for what you use so if you're using 10GB per month Boost will be cheaper.

I think a better deal is the Sprint LG G2 for $150 from Best Buy.
I bought this phone and it is a Beast. Not sure about the Stylo, but compare the specs. The LG G2 is a lot better than the S3 for sure except for the SD Card slot. I wish it had a removable battery but the one it has should last all day.

Looks like the Stylo is getting good reviews on the Boost page. Wondering if it will take the place of the Max?

Boost is going to lose me if they can't offer better phones besides Samsung and Apple. The LG G2 is hard to find. The G4 would be the one I really want.

I might consider this phone if it had the TMO specs. My S3 is great but I am itching to upgrade
I have a g2 for boost for sell

Back
Top Bottom