• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost LG G Stylo get stripped?

I searched the Suggestion forum and it doesn't look like anyone requested it yet. That's the best place to bring it up. :thumbsupdroid:

I'll mention it in the staff thread for new phones. :)
I requested it 4 weeks ago, but I searched and searched and couldn't find it now......
I'm not sure how it could have disappeared so maybe I just keep overlooking it.

Upvote 0
Someone asked for a Boost insider's perspective? Here you go:

I've been using the Boost LG Stylo for almost 3 months. The screen is cool--as my first large phone, I'm digging it.

As of right now? Three months in, the screen is the phone's best feature.

About a month ago, I started getting storage warnings, and it started lagging to the point of absurdity (10+ sec to load the home screen, for example). I deleted every app that wouldn't transfer to my SD card, have been religious about clearing data and cache, and right now, I'm running with 350 MB free. So 7.5GB of bloat, which I simply can't clear up.

Fun fact: did you know you can't even sync email without 10% of your device's storage free?

For $200, I was really happy with the phone at first. I'll be rooting the phone as soon as a solid Boost root comes through, but if it doesn't, I'm going to have to get a new phone.

(Also, the camera sucks--it's noisier than my Samsung Galaxy Prevail's photos. A minor issue for most people, but I would have paid the extra $50 for another s3 if I'd known. Megapixels aren't everything. Hoping a root with better camera software will help a little.)

Upvote 0
Ok so I owned the ZTE max..original from boost..annoyingly it condone continued to give me problems in the texting department I decided to get a new phone...I actually ended up getting the metro pcs variant at 80 bucks..here's how..they have a sale on where it's 129...and if you're from boost it comes down to 80.... specially after this article

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-mobile-network,review-2942.html
Can't get any better!! Bro hurry up and go get one!! Btw I can attest my metro version comes with 13mp camera 2gb of ram and 16 gb which with all bloat starts at 10.5un..not bad with apps2sd all in one..better variant of link2sd.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so I owned the ZTE max..original from boost..annoyingly it condone continued to give me problems in the texting department I decided to get a new phone...I actually ended up getting the metro pcs variant at 80 bucks..here's how..they have a sale on where it's 129...and if you're from boost it comes down to 80.... specially after this article

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-mobile-network,review-2942.html
Can't get any better!! Bro hurry up and go get one!! Btw I can attest my metro version comes with 13mp camera 2gb of ram and 16 gb which with all bloat starts at 10.5un..not bad with apps2sd all in one..better variant of link2sd.

What issue with texting are you having with the ZTE Max? I've owned both the MAX and current the warp elite and I have texting issues where it will fail to send texts and I'll have to reset my phone for it to work. I don't believe I've this issue with any other phone.

Upvote 0
What issue with texting are you having with the ZTE Max? I've owned both the MAX and current the warp elite and I have texting issues where it will fail to send texts and I'll have to reset my phone for it to work. I don't believe I've this issue with any other phone.
If you are having an issue, you should start a new topic in the appropriate section to ensure that people see it so you can resolve your issue. [emoji217]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones