• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile Certified Used Galaxy S3-Would U Buy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date Start date

Would U Buy A Certified Used S3 from Boost?

• Yes! ^.^P

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Maybe...thinking about it...hmmm..

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • NO WAY-EVER! >.>

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope. But than again I wouldn't buy a phone of of their website ever again. Got a defective HTC One SV (the glass screen wasn't fastened all the way down, you could see the light from underneath the screen if you looked at it from the side). Anyway you have to pay to send it back ($10) and they said it would take up to 4 weeks to re-credit my credit card. Took a few weeks. They weren't exactly apologetic about the problem and instead of any kind of sympathy the guy on the phone just decided to read the return policy verbatim to me like I was an idiot and couldn't read. When I explained the problem the guy took zero notes and just told me to write a number 3 different places on the box which tells me they don't do anything with returns other than factory reset them and re-sell them back to people as "pre-owned".

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else got my defective HTC One SV and thought he got a deal since he got it at the "pre-owned" price.

I'd only buy from a store from now on like Radio Shack or Best Buy and if you want to save money do the black Friday sale. Atleast if you get a brand new defective unit you can return it, get a new one, and not have to wait.

Is the Galaxy 3 that much better than the HTC 1 SV that it's over 100 bucks more?

I've read rave reviews about the Samsung products but this new HTC, not too much out there. One site has the HTC with 4.1 out of 5 and the people who bring down the average complain about battery time while those that like it rave about battery time.

Ya have to wonder if bat time isn't sometime relative to what people have running. I learned that with my EVO and now the EVO is trimmed down so I can go over 24 hours without a charge. When it was brand new I had to charge it twice a day and turned it off at night. Go figure.

Nope. But than again I wouldn't buy a phone of of their website ever again. Got a defective HTC One SV (the glass screen wasn't fastened all the way down, you could see the light from underneath the screen if you looked at it from the side). Anyway you have to pay to send it back ($10) and they said it would take up to 4 weeks to re-credit my credit card. Took a few weeks. They weren't exactly apologetic about the problem and instead of any kind of sympathy the guy on the phone just decided to read the return policy verbatim to me like I was an idiot and couldn't read. When I explained the problem the guy took zero notes and just told me to write a number 3 different places on the box which tells me they don't do anything with returns other than factory reset them and re-sell them back to people as "pre-owned".

I wouldn't be surprised if someone else got my defective HTC One SV and thought he got a deal since he got it at the "pre-owned" price.

I'd only buy from a store from now on like Radio Shack or Best Buy and if you want to save money do the black Friday sale. Atleast if you get a brand new defective unit you can return it, get a new one, and not have to wait.

wow sorry that happened to you...

I was thinking about getting that phone. Does anyone know how the phone will look? Will it have scratches and stuff on it or does it look like if I got a new phone?

its supposed to look and feel brand new; so i wouldnt think so...

Is the Galaxy 3 that much better than the HTC 1 SV that it's over 100 bucks more?

I've read rave reviews about the Samsung products but this new HTC, not too much out there. One site has the HTC with 4.1 out of 5 and the people who bring down the average complain about battery time while those that like it rave about battery time.

Ya have to wonder if bat time isn't sometime relative to what people have running. I learned that with my EVO and now the EVO is trimmed down so I can go over 24 hours without a charge. When it was brand new I had to charge it twice a day and turned it off at night. Go figure.

i would say yes the s3 is better; but thats just imo. check out youtube; lots of ppl have comparison vids between diff phones-and general reviews so u can make the right choice for u.

how so? i know that its duo-core instead of quadcore like for some models for at&t..

Quad-core is only for the International version. All of American version of S3s are due-core.

Ok, I've bought and just received the "Pre-own" S3 from Boost for $195 during the Cyber Monday sale. The phone looks like brand new, no scratches or any other dents or marks. It doesn't come with the fancy retail packaging, instead it came with a smaller Boost mobile box (I've attached the pic). Inside the box, it has the handset, battery, and the charger.

One thing I notice as soon as I've power up the phone is no Boost animation and no Boost bloatwares what so ever. Only thing it has the Samsung's apps. Can someone verify who purchase brand new S3 from Boost and let me know if the new S3 has Boost animation/bloatware? I'm loving the fact that it doesn't have any Boost bloatware.

Anyway, I haven't transfer the activation from S2 (my soon to be old phone) but so far everything seem working perfectly. (fingers crossed!)

Edit: Ok, apparently I've talked too soon regarding Boost's animation and bloatware. As soon as I activated, it went through system update and loaded Boost animation and crap load of bloatwares. Oh well, I guess I'll root it and get the bloatwares off.

Attachments

• 20131203_150156.jpeg
    20131203_150156.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 119
damn sunshine, if I knew about that sale maybe I would have pulled the trigger. For anyone that doesn't want to risk certified, here is a brand new s3 for 279.99 on ebay.

Comes with the fugly case too lol. I'm going to order a UAG case for mine. $20 on amazon.

Yea I got lucky...I was browsing during the cyber Monday and saw the sale and had to get it. And good thing too because the next day it was sold out. Sorry guys, I should have posted it something. I got too excited and got side tracked. :D

I owned the One SV and it was a piece of junk. I went through 2 in 3 weeks. One the screen started falling out and I could see light leakage. The other had a weird screen flicker problem and the micro-usb port was crooked. I now own the S3 it is a much better phone, although overpriced IMO.

I owned the One SV and it was a piece of junk. I went through 2 in 3 weeks. One the screen started falling out and I could see light leakage. The other had a weird screen flicker problem and the micro-sd port was crooked. I now own the S3 it is a much better phone, although overpriced IMO.

Wow, your story is like mine I wrote above. Like yours, my screen wasn't sealed completely and you could see the LED light underneath the glass when you looked at it from the side. Maybe we got a bad batch or something? I did like the phone and all but for slightly more I got the LG Optimus F7 and its just overall a bigger, better phone like your S3.

Wow, your story is like mine I wrote above. Like yours, my screen wasn't sealed completely and you could see the LED light underneath the glass when you looked at it from the side. Maybe we got a bad batch or something? I did like the phone and all but for slightly more I got the LG Optimus F7 and its just overall a bigger, better phone like your S3.

I've read some reviews on Amazon, Best Buy, and Boost's site from people having the screen light leakage so it's some kind of bad batch/build quality issue.

When I returned the second One SV and got my S3 it was around launch time at Best Buy for the F7 so I didn't want to be a Guinea Pig lol. I picked up the F7 for my wife last month and she seems to like it but I haven't played with it much.

Quad-core is only for the International version. All of American version of S3s are due-core.

Ok, I've bought and just received the "Pre-own" S3 from Boost for $195 during the Cyber Monday sale. The phone looks like brand new, no scratches or any other dents or marks. It doesn't come with the fancy retail packaging, instead it came with a smaller Boost mobile box (I've attached the pic). Inside the box, it has the handset, battery, and the charger.

One thing I notice as soon as I've power up the phone is no Boost animation and no Boost bloatwares what so ever. Only thing it has the Samsung's apps. Can someone verify who purchase brand new S3 from Boost and let me know if the new S3 has Boost animation/bloatware? I'm loving the fact that it doesn't have any Boost bloatware.

Anyway, I haven't transfer the activation from S2 (my soon to be old phone) but so far everything seem working perfectly. (fingers crossed!)

Edit: Ok, apparently I've talked too soon regarding Boost's animation and bloatware. As soon as I activated, it went through system update and loaded Boost animation and crap load of bloatwares. Oh well, I guess I'll root it and get the bloatwares off.

wow i was thinking you got a refurbd sprint s3 for a second..too bad about the update! root time i guess? haha

I owned the One SV and it was a piece of junk. I went through 2 in 3 weeks. One the screen started falling out and I could see light leakage. The other had a weird screen flicker problem and the micro-sd port was crooked. I now own the S3 it is a much better phone, although overpriced IMO.

yes very overpriced...im starting to wonder if its wroth it because of the rumored S5 coming out; for the possibility of the S4 coming to boost soon? *sighs for high hopes*

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, buy yes that was the price at the time.....unfortunately I didn't buy it in time and its back to the regular price

yea me too; too many probs as of late to get one; and i need to get 2 of them for me and my hubby...

Back
Top Bottom