• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] chainfire - testing! to be updated

Snake X

Android Expert
Well I decided to step up to the plate and buy chainfire pro so I could do some THD testing :P

As you may or (probably) may not know I'm interested in fruit ninja THD in some of my posts. So that one was the first I tested :P

And it works! I'll edit this post with screenshots and everything with all the free THD games I test (which may be a while)

But for now, I can confirm fruit ninja THD works swell with the occasional lag (and sometimes pressing menu button is required to unlag it.. which is weird lol).

Though the text is a bit small (like the "combo blitz" that shows up) or something of that manner. You can really tell the difference!

Again, thread is WIP!!

Heh.. I also officially hit 0 Bytes free on my stock SD card so i couldnt use some of the apps that require like 500 MB so I'll be tomorrow going to bestbuy or newegg if bestbuy doesnt have reasonable pricing on it. So that's why the delay.

edit: soulcraft doesn't work. I've tried different options/configs.

edit:

- sprinkle works (though best without chainfire)
- zen pinball THD doesn't work
- shadowgun THD doesnt work (requires tegra 3 cpu)
- skyrim live wallpaper works
- galaxy on fire 2 doesnt work (crashes after splash screen's)

I WILL MAKE SOULCRAFT WORK DANGGIT.. lol

You don't but with the free version it changes if for everything

danggit no matter what i do angry birds space FC's on me every time. I only made it to the actual level *one time* out of like 50 tries spread out and its rly making me mad D:

I do have chainfire installed (obviously) and tried it without it

Guess I'm downloading 1.1c then :P

Hmm I hope this fixes soulcraft, i tried it on my phone now that it's not limited to THD devices and ICS, but it FC's :L

on which game?

Oh yeah I also found out that angry birds space works without chainfire (it breaks it) and it also breaks the game sprinkle.. kinda (it works sometimes).

Gameloft's modern combat 3 fallen nation works online & offline . no lag but it does take a while to load

Edit: without chainfire

So you downloaded it from the Market.
Then you open the app and click install,
Then use install from app??

Well lets just say i got a hold of the apk somehow ;) i installed the apk and was prompted to download the sd data. Once it finished downloading i was able to play the game by relaunching the app

yeah I cant even run it on the non-thd version now and im completely sure now it has to do with the fact theres not a lot of on-board ram inside the warp so it cant really play it too well.. :(

I havn't tried reducing anything on chainfire to try to play it mainly because I dont have it installed and now that ive used it for a while I believe it breaks more games than its worth to play the small variety of THD games it actually does play. :(

Back
Top Bottom