• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Give me your opinions on wat you want in a Rom!

mikegmoney

Android Enthusiast
Im working on my first custom Rom,it will be a B08C.i need input from everyone about wat yall would like to see in a rom. Theme,apps,functionality ect...cuz i have no clue on how i want it to be,so i figured it would be best for my first one to be based on what everyone else would like it to have.thanks for your input in advance..

Start basic and get the stock deox rom and start pulling apps and adding apps till you like them then choose a kernel then start adding tweaks. The last thing id do is theme work. Ive found when making a rom to compile a little at a time and test and when it had what i think is good to then start trying to make it performe to my liking then worry about looks. When i was making AlienWarp it took month + from start to release. Mostly it was the mod, test, fix over and over that took so long. But the reason i waited on the theme was simple... id work on the theme a little then test and id run it all day with a partialy themed rom so as soon as i had time i started doing more theme work. Youd be surprised how seeing your unfinished theme all day can push you to finish it faster.

AHeadinthePolls.png

Aroo!

Try porting over a ROM 4 example the Samsung galaxy s2 but other wise I'd say base your ROM off Mr bobos no root needed ROM that way anyone can flash it. Remove all bloat ware and add social apps like Facebook instagram twitter as well as the drop box app and a file/SD cars viewing app. I personally do a lot of texting and using tether so try and balance out the power drainers and most importantly get dm's kernel Cuz its sick like no other add a nice looking keyboard too like for ex jelly bean keyboard. Here's a big idea as well. Find a good build prop to use and make sure you have a good audio build that'll provide outstanding sound quality. I honestly hate bad sound when I'm using Pandora radio. Oh yeah pre install Pandora. Damn I'll keep it short now. CREAT A FULL ON SOCIAL LIVING SOCIAL MEDIA ROM WITH LOOPY SMOOTHNESS AND GOOD SPEED LOL.

Back
Top Bottom