• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boost Mobile Moto G Not Working In Anchorage Alaska, Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter HuskyRanger4
  • Start date Start date
H

HuskyRanger4

I Just Arrived In Anchorage, Alaska The Other Day And Already My Phone Doesn't Work.

Under My Status Setting Its Saying:

Network: Searching For Service
Signal Strength: -120 dBm 99asu
Mobile Network Type: Unknown
Service State: Voice: Out Of Service / Data: Out Of Service
Roaming: Not Roaming
Mobile Network State: Disconnnected
PRL Version: 61010

I Honestly Have No Idea What All This Means, All I Know Is That Phone Doesn't Work Period.
I Have No Access To Calls And Texts Also Including Any Apps That Require Internet (Without Using Wi-Fi)

I've Never Had A Problem With Boost Before But, This Is Terrible Since I Can't Contact My Friends & Family To Even Let Them Know That I Made It Here Alright. I'm From Florida & All My Call, Texts & Everything Else Worked Perfectly Fine During My Travel From Florida To Chicago. But, As Soon As I Landed In Achorage NOTHING No Service No Anything.

So, My True Question Is, Is This A Tower Issue or Is Alaska Considered To Be International As Far As Boost Is Concerned?

I Don't Mind Adding International Calls/Texts Too My Plan But, I'm Almost Certain Thats Not The Issue Here.

Anything You Can Do To Help Would Be Very Appreciated.

I'm Here For About 3 Weeks & Would Love To Have Service ASAP If Possible. Lol

Thanks Guys!

Its a coverage issue. Boost runs off Sprint and if Sprint does not have any coverage there it won't work. Also, Boost being prepaid it does not offer roaming. Adding the international plans won't do you any good since those only allow you text/call from the U.S to other countries. Are you able to buy a cheap prepaid phone that works there or use a payphone? Alternativey, you can do what Kate suggests if you can get or have wifi access is to use a voip like google hangouts + dialer or there are other free ones that give you certain free minutes.

Back
Top Bottom