• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] WIP: miui patchrom

QuietStorm1785

Well, I been doin some other dev work lately... havent given up on cm9, just taking a break from it till i get a few days off. As of yesterday, I started working on Miui for our wee little warp. As of today, I got build to finish, and also got it booting.. BUT the problems Im facing is lots and lots and lots of force closes, all with regards to system apps such as phone, launcher, acore, systemui. basically Im getting a black screen with nothing but force close notifications. Hopefully I can work through it all. When it is built and tested without any force closes or errors, I will post here for everyone to enjoy. I will also post status updates about the build so everyone can see whats going on.

Right now as a base I am using the stock b08c rom, soon Im going to see how well shin's rom is as a base works. I will post my results on that also.

Well, I been doin some other dev work lately... havent given up on cm9, just taking a break from it till i get a few days off. As of yesterday, I started working on Miui for our wee little warp. As of today, I got build to finish, and also got it booting.. BUT the problems Im facing is lots and lots and lots of force closes, all with regards to system apps such as phone, launcher, acore, systemui. basically Im getting a black screen with nothing but force close notifications. Hopefully I can work through it all. When it is built and tested without any force closes or errors, I will post here for everyone to enjoy. I will also post status updates about the build so everyone can see whats going on.

Right now as a base I am using the stock b08c rom, soon Im going to see how well shin's rom is as a base works. I will post my results on that also.
EPIC!!! good luck man you got my full support

God damn, I'm excited! You got further than me xP I got it to get stuck booting up...I am excited!

well, testing shin's rom as a base now. From what I can tell, I got more progress using stock rom as a base, shin's rom bootloops for me. which blows, Ima haveta edit stock kernel to enable adb at boot. guess ima haveta work with stock rom and see if i can get that to work for me...

I see what happened now... I didnt properly export the path to the android sdk tools, and my miui tools couldnt find zipalign to zipalign the files and sign them, without a signature, the files wont load, and android wont boot.

You know...that was probably my problem too...I'll have to try that at some point

sorry for the double post, but meh...

UPDATE:

well, got rom to boot... but launcher/phone/systemui force closes... its kicking my ass around the block... I cant seem to figure out why they are force closing.

I don't know much about file editing yet...but are they compatible with this phone..? I've noticed a lot of apps have a size in xml files...and from me tinkering it has to be the right size or that happens..

Back
Top Bottom