• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot 2 Gecko

ebnight

Hey all,

I know the devs are all pretty swamped right now, but I was wondering if Mozilla's new OS "boot 2 gecko" could get ported to our phone. I've seen several screenshots of it on the Samsung fascinate. I'm not sure if it's open source though.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G

it sounds like an os i'd put on a cheap tablet to make it run faster :confused:

We will do this work in the open, we will release the source in real-time, we will take all successful additions to an appropriate standards group, and we will track changes that come out of that process.....This project is in its early stages; some pieces of it are only captured in our heads today, others aren’t fully explored. We’re talking about it now because we want expertise from all over Mozilla -- and from people who aren’t yet part of Mozilla -- to inform and build the project we’re outlining here.

EDIT: it also seems they want help developing it ???

The reviews say it's slow and not video optimized. Games and movies would probably be choppy on it. One reviewer said it even stuttered on Angry Birds.

Well its still in its infant stage. Which at one time so was android(pre-cupcake days) and just like anything it takes time to get things implemented.

I would say a port right now would be hard and most likely useless for now though with no telephony support and no ril!!

Well its still in its infant stage. Which at one time so was android(pre-cupcake days) and just like anything it takes time to get things implemented.

I would say a port right now would be hard and most likely useless for now though with no telephony support and no ril!!

This and they say its not android based and will not be able to run android apps (.apk)

Back
Top Bottom