• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boot Animation

jabstep12

Anybody successfully change their boot animation from the stock "Virgin Mobile Party Scene" (with audio sound I might add) to any other one?

I tried it with Rom Toolbox Pro and it doesn't work.

I am rooted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't tried with jellybean, but I did try to use Boot Animation Changer with ICS on my Reverb and it ended up looping the new animation, then I had to reflash my phone to stock. After that I stopped trying to change the boot animation.

So basically my advice is - yes, it's possible, but be cautious how you do it. And don't use BAC!

Edit: I should retract my ill speak of BAC, it appears it was the phone, not the app. It should work with the method linked below

I haven't tried changing the boot animation yet, but I hate having a startup sound on my phone. My solution was to search the /system directory for .ogg files (using Root Explorer). I deleted both the startup.ogg and shutdown.ogg files (those might not have been their exact names, but they were something like that). Once those were deleted, my startup and shutdown became silent.

I started doing this type of thing back when I had the Samsung Intercept which crashed and spontaneously rebooted itself multiple times during a typical day. Having the startup sound play and shout "Virgin Mobile" all of a sudden at some random, inopportune moment, made me quite unhappy. This is one thing that's nice about a rooted phone. I also deleted the sound files used to make the camera shutter click sound. There are no options in the settings to make these things silent, but if you delete the sound files, it's taken care of. :-)

Back
Top Bottom