• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Boot logo changed?

So I bought a samsung galaxy s8 plus someone was selling on Facebook's marketplace. It's a great phone and I love it! I use straight talk with verizon, and fortunately for me he was selling a Verizon phone. When we met I wiped his phone and it reset with the verizon logos until I put my straight talk sim in. Now the phone boots up with a tracfone logo for straight talk and has completely removed every verizon app from the device. Has anyone ever heard of a sim card doing this? I've ran the imei numbers and everything comes back as a verizon phone.(I know verizon phones come unlocked) It's hard to believe without root that inserting a different carriers sim would do this. I also downgraded after updating to pie back to oreo. During that time even after a full wipe and restore without the sim in I still got the tracfone logo during initial startup. I'm not complaining I've just never seen this before and can not find anyone else online with similar issues. Just a bit mind blown. Has anyone else experienced this??

my s8 plus did the same exact thing when i put a tmobile sim in it. Its a Verizon phone that i have on att straight talk. i put a tmo sim in and now i get the tmo logo even when my att sim is in it. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom