• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boot loop and won't load recovery (unrooted phone, no ATK)

First off, I'm incredibly frustrated that Android can be this unstable. I've owned a Blackberry, Nokia (symbian), and an iPhone, but I have never had a problem with the OS that could not be resolved by merely rebooting it ONCE.

PHONE DETAILS:
HTC Desire Z (Gingerbread)
Not rooted or jailbroken
No Android Task Killer
*I use ADWLauncherEX instead of the HTC Sense UI.

The crash boot began immediately after this happened:

My battery was nearly drained, and I had just stepped into the office. By the time the phone indicated it was shutting down, I managed to plug it to my laptop for charging (I forgot to bring my wall charger today), but it shut down anyway.

I borrowed a colleague's wall charger and when I turned it on, the crash and boot loop started.

I tried doing a system recovery (by holding down the power and optical navigator buttons at the same time and selecting RECOVERY), but the phone just got stuck on the phone icon with a red warning sign (triangle and exclamation symbol).

Is my phone hopeless at this point? Do I have to do a factory reset? I have no back up of my files that aren't in the micro SD. (By the way, is there a way to download my files from the internal memory at this point?)

P/S - I know it's stupid that I don't have a back-up of my internal memory. I use a Macbook and haven't had the time to figure out how to back it up into my computer (Android doesn't have a back-up software for Mac from what I recall). I also never learned how to back it up into my external micro SD. Some of the Android apps I found that allowed me to do that required rooting my phone???

Back
Top Bottom