• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [bootanimation] honeycomb boot animation resized for droid 1

myfishbear

Android Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2010
NJ
hey everyone i resized the honeycomb boot animation off the motorola xoom so its optimized for the droid 1
to install it place the file on the root directory of the sd card and then turn off mass storage or unplug it after it copies.

Then open a terminal emulator(you can dl it off the market) and
type the following:

/$ su
/# cp sdcard/honeybootd1.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
/# reboot

enjoy
-Updated-
http://rapidshare.com/files/453373215/honeybootd1.zip
honeybootd1.zip

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

bty this is what it looks like on the xoom

Reactions: mrterry and kratos
Looks cool as hell on your phone, but it just doesn't want to cooperate on mine. I get the briefest flash of the honeycomb onscreen, then it goes black for the duration.

Running Pete's newest 2.3.3 Stock GB ROM and his 1.1Ghz kernel.

i just messed with the script and png compression so it is more optimized... it loops now and runs faster too... sorry about b4 i just found out i needed to do my desc.txt with wordpad not notepad...
http://androidforums.com/incredible-support-troubleshooting/123260-desc-txt-help.html

Upvote 0
I'm having problems with this. Am I the only one? I've used the terminal emulator method (checked w/root explorer and it wound up in the right place), used root explorer and moved it there, i've used root explorer to move it into data/chevy01/bootanimation (use chevy 5.1), and selected it using chevytools. Also renamed it to bootanimation.zip!
Nothing.
Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I'm having problems with this. Am I the only one? I've used the terminal emulator method (checked w/root explorer and it wound up in the right place), used root explorer and moved it there, i've used root explorer to move it into data/chevy01/bootanimation (use chevy 5.1), and selected it using chevytools. Also renamed it to bootanimation.zip!
Nothing.
Any ideas?
maybe try this guy's method
http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/25774-custom-boot-animation-figured-out.html

Upvote 0
Nice!
Got it working on my D1 after a couple of false starts.

The version of the file hosted on MediaFire didn't work for me. Got the same issue as mrterry where it flashes the first frame and blacks out until phone is booted. Tried editing desc.txt (in Wordpad) to 29 fps, but still no love. Must be missing more edits.

I downloaded the file hosted by MegaUpload, which worked great.
Haven't tried the RapidShare file yet.

Looks cool. ;)

Upvote 0
Nice!
Got it working on my D1 after a couple of false starts.

The version of the file hosted on MediaFire didn't work for me. Got the same issue as mrterry where it flashes the first frame and blacks out until phone is booted. Tried editing desc.txt (in Wordpad) to 29 fps, but still no love. Must be missing more edits.

I downloaded the file hosted by MegaUpload, which worked great.
Haven't tried the RapidShare file yet.

Looks cool. ;)
lol the old links for the older copies were still attached to the new addresses....the only good link was on the rapidshare... i just fixed the bunch of em so they all should work now... sry...:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones