• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bootloader unlocking screen freezes

julienw

Lurker
Hi,

I got a used Nexus S from someone who warned me that it might not work again.

The bootloader was in unlocked mode so I tried to upload a clockworkmod recovery, which worked, except it couldn't mount sdcard or system. I figured it was maybe normal since there is no sdcard in the Nexus S, even if no tutorial ever mention this.

So then CWM couldn't format anything, or do a reset, or whatever.

So I went back to a more extreme solution: lock back the bootloader and then unlock it again.

The lock worked well. The unlock doesn't work at all.

So I type "fastboot oem unlock" and I get the unlocking screen. When I choose "yes", nothing happens and it freezes. I can only remove the battery to turn it off.

Well, that's it. I can't push anything new with fastboot because the bootloader is in locked mode. But I can still access my CWM recovery and do an "adb shell" in this state, so maybe I can do some things from there (like unlock the bootloader ?)

I think there is a hardware problem but I'm not sure I could get a replacement from Samsung (because it's a used phone) so if you can suggest any other solution, I'm in !

Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom