• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root boots cyanoboot after SD removed

This is my first attempt at hacking anything, so bear with me because I don't have all the correct vocabulary.

I tried to install CM10 on my 8GB nook color, model # BNRV200 (more details below). I used CWM- v6.0.1.2. After running through the installation and removing the SD card, I try to restart it and I get the Cyanoboot screen (says EMMC01 in the top left corner) and then it goes to a blank screen with the backlight still on.

Here are some more specific details about what I did to it. ON my first attempt I followed instructions I'll post below (cant use links on my first post). The main difference I've seen between the instruction I used and other versions I've seen is that it had me repartition the memory and then format it with two zip files called "repartition2GBdata-v1" and "reformatData-v1". When I selected "reboot system now" in the CWM menu between installations, the nook would not reboot properly.

Could it be that the repartition 2GB file is not compatable with my 8GB nook?​

I also followed some instructions in this forum that included "format /system", "format /sata", and I believe a third format option that I'm unsure of.

I'm sure that this nook is salvageable. Please help me because I'm lost and my girlfriend is going to be so pissed off if I ruin her nook. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom