• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Boots in HBOOT

ziur

Lurker
Hi there.
So what happened was I tried to root my V 4G yesterday using RedSpartHD's tutorial on YouTube. I didn't understand S-Off or any of that, so I decided to put Monster Rom V3 like how he had. I've tried so many solutions. The rom I now want to install is Evervolv 3.2.0. I recently tried the S-Off and Root Fix by remanifest on this site, and everything was going smoothly until I had to download ROM Update Utility. It took about an hour and when I was going to use it, my phone won't work. Before it was just stuck in the reboot loop, but now it just goes straight to the HBOOT - 1.58 screen. The phone is relocked and I can't get into my files, recovery.img or use command promt on my phone. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

No, I didn't. I'm still confused on everything. But from what I've seen, since I can't get past the HBOOT menu, I don't think I can.

Moved to ATR, please let us know exactly what your screen says, this will help diagnose your issue.
OB

What it does is it vibrates and shows HTC without the quietly brilliant. Then it goes straight to HBOOT.
It says:
Relocked
Security Warning
Shooter XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.58.0000
RADIO-1.09.00.0108
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0217
eMMC-boot
May 17 2102, 15:06:44

FASTBOOT

No matter what I do, it always send me back to the first HTC screen and puts me back here or I choose power down.
I think I might have messed my phone up bad and don't have the money to buy a new one.

It seems logical to maybe change the HBOOT and see what happens. Don't take my advice on this though, maybe someone can back me up on this?

It seems logical to maybe change the HBOOT and see what happens. Don't take my advice on this though, maybe someone can back me up on this?

I guess that would make sense, but I wouldn't know how. And if it requires cmd.exe, then I don't think it would work because it just can't read my phone, but I will try cmd.exe just to double check.

Back
Top Bottom