• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bought myself the Note 3, having issues, need help.

Risley

Hi All,

Happy Holidays. Well I sold the iPhone 5s, just bought the Note 3 two days ago.

Having some issues and questions, my device is an AT&T SM-N900A 32GB:

1. Developer Options... "Transition animation scale" will NOT stay set to "OFF", it keeps reverting back to 1X.
The "Window animation scale" and "Animator duration scale" stay set at "OFF".
How do I keep the transition animation scale set in the "OFF" position? OR

Hi Risley.....

#1 I can't offer any insight to that.

#2 There are several threads here related to lag & how to get rid of it. By any chance have you done a factory reset?

#3 I have no idea who thought *frequently contacted* was a good idea. IMO that's what the purpose of favorites are for. To the best of my knowledge frequently contacted cannot be disabled.

#4 Messages will save as drafts if you've entered something- even one character; including a space in the text field. Other than that it won't save as draft.

Congrats on the new phone!

2. When I initially took the Note 3 out of the box and set it up it was VERY laggy and kept freezing. I went into settings and the screen went black except for the top of the display where it said "Settings". I had to power off to escape that. For a few more hours certain things were very slow and buggy like closing out apps. I have since had to start all over again and it seems ok now, just not fully understanding how a phone this powerful with nothing installed on it yet can be so fouled up.

Not sure why it misbehaved out of the box, but doing a factory reset is a good idea when you receive a new or used phone.

FWIW, there's actually quite a long list of "crapware" stuff installed by default on a new Note 3. Check out other threads discussing what's safe to disable, which may make the phone snappier and give better battery life.

3. In "Favorites" in the phone dialer app what the heck is "Frequently contacted" at the bottom of the favorites list?? Why would I care who I "Frequently" contact and more important this is a HUGE privacy issue as I do NOT want my device keeping track of who I frequently contact and making a list of those people. Is there anyway to keep this from happening?

What privacy issue? Do you have reason to believe your call history is being revealed to some external party? The phone itself knows who you're calling and who's calling you, because it's the device managing those connections... so what difference does it make if the phone displays that information for you or not?

The frequently contacted list is very useful for people who may not know how to set up their favorites, and I find it convenient when I just don't feel like repeatedly updating my favorites list for what may be transient uses of certain numbers.

Agreed. Its much faster than going through the contact list if its someone you frequently call. Plus, you can easily remove a contact from that list if you want.

maybe...
when you start the phone for the first time.. it was busy downloading stuff.. updating stuff.. in the background. as you click or setup new apps, that just adds more things it needs to do at the first.

drafts? if you start texting.. but don't send.. then get side tracked to other apps.
it will save the text as a draft till you finish and send it.
so are you saying it is keeping all text as a draft.. even after you sent it?
if so.. you might want to look into the settings of the message app.

Back
Top Bottom