• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brand New Eris Owner

Bishop

Android Enthusiast
Hello all.
Just got my phone the other night, and have been messing with it since I got it. I've been reading posts here since last week, so a lot of the questions I 'would've' asked were already answered. Thanks!

The only real issues I'm having is the signal strength, but that's not the Eris' fault.

The other big issue is I really don't like to have my phone ring. With my job, I'm either seeing patients or giving briefings, and the last thing I need is for my phone to go ringing, so ever phone I've had has always stayed on vibrate. After many different phones, the Eris has the softest vibrate ever, which has made me miss more than a few calls already. Is there a way to change it, or is there maybe an APP for such a thing?

I got the Handcent APP which worked out well cuz I was missing texts, but with Handcent, I was able to adjust the notification to make it just keep vibrating.

Thanks in advance.

There's a ringtone called mosquito where it goes at such a high frequency that usually only you can hear it. You ears kinda start to ring a little and you check to make sure. I dunno, that just came to mind immediately as a friend of mine has been doing that for over a year with his Blackberry while in class and he seems to love it. You'll need your ringer to be on, but it's so light, just you will hear it and won't have to worry about it blasting in the middle of work.

Or try a somewhat loud ringtone but on the lowest audible setting? I dunno.

I think Smacky hit the nail on the head. That we know of there is bo way to change the strength of the vibrate on the Eris so a high pitched tone is probably your best bet.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I think Smacky hit the nail on the head. That we know of there is bo way to change the strength of the vibrate on the Eris..

Something I've always lamented, the absence of a bo way in any phone I've owned.

When will they learn to listen to the masses??

:D

I think Smacky hit the nail on the head. That we know of there is bo way to change the strength of the vibrate on the Eris so a high pitched tone is probably your best bet.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Tapatalk's great, although it sucks it'll be a pay-app after Monday. Especially since Caddy and I were one of the first on this forums to point out to the creator that 1.5 was, in fact, not supported like the site said it was and had him fix a week or so later. Make it free!!!!

Look for a thread telling me about how to install an app called "missed call." It will give you reminders of missed call reminders how handcent does with texts.

Back
Top Bottom