• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brand new (to me!) device!

Mikestony

~30% Carbon Black ±
Hello everyone!
It's been quite a bit since I logged on here but wanted to check out this forum for the S21 Ultra. (Verizon variant)
I just got my device today and will be retiring my 3 year old LG G7 ThinQ.

I haven't even turned it on yet because once I do, I'll spend hours on end setting it up and tweaking it to my liking and can't afford to be sleepy at work the next day :p

In the meantime, I am watching videos and getting up to snuff on the workings of the S21. :)

I may delve into it this weekend when I have more time.

I see @ironass has quite a bit of info in his threads here, so checking those out too! (Good job my friend!!
Remember me?!) :)

I'll check back here later and may get more involved in this site and re-kindle my Android obsession :D

See you guys!

so i'm confused, what happened to this thread? it appeared as new.....and now i look at the post it says it was posted in 2019. the s21 ultra came out this year i believe.

and the post from @ironass gets deleted

what is going on????????

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good to hear from you. AF is just not the same without you.

congrats on the new phone!!!!!!!!

let us know how you like it, after everything is set up.
Thanks my long-time friend! (this guy got me deep into Android, fun times! )

I think it is a botched thread move / merge.

Hi @Mikestony , glad to see you around
You still messin' stuff up man? :p Good to see you still here!

Congrats on the phone! I LOVE it. Truly the best phone I've ever owned.
Oh nice! I can bother you directly with questions then? :D

Mikie!!! Great to see you my friend! I'm with NightAngel.. great phone that you'll love. Congrats!
Good to see you too my bearded friend! I assume you have the same device?

Yes sir. Been rockin it since the release. Rock solid and has a battery that lasts forever. Get ready for some real fun.
I should have looked through the rest of the forum where I did see some of your threads about good/not-so-good issues :)

Question about that Bixby routines thing....from what I saw, it that similar to a Tasker thing? A "IFTTT" ?

I tried Bixby years back with my first Sammy.. S8. It is a wannabe in my opinion. I never got onto using it at all and avoid it all I can. I rerouted the Bixby key to aid in shut down. I'm sure others like it.. it's just not me. I'll google search stuff and use those routines instead. Your mileage may vary.

For the likes and dislikes early on... I pretty much adapted to the phone. If I have any complaint at all it is with the BLE (blue tooth low energy). It is the connection used by my hearing aids and it isn't nearly as reliable as the Note I was using prior. It is more limited in distance to communicate and sometimes the connection is a bit flaky. Not a biggie. Everything else was a user problem that I figured out and am not at all bothered by now.

The cameras will knock your socks off. I took a pic of the moon using the hood of my car to steady the shot. I was at 100X or whatever crazy it will zoom to and the picture is simply amazing. On the other end of the spectrum, you can take a micro shot you will not believe. Very impressive hardware. Every day quick shots are real color and extremely sharp. Lots of options to play with if you are into taking photos.

should have waited for the note 22 or what some rumors are saying in which the note series and the Galaxy Fold series will merge. i believe this new phone will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more impressive than the s21.

expect to hear it officially by August.

Well, this past Friday night I thought I'd light 'er up and start the transfer of app/data from my LG to Samsung.
I must say it went quick with Smart Switch. I ended up doing is wirelessly as I was having issues with connecting via cable.

Anyhoo, after the transfer, I was up for another 4 hours tweaking it, signing into my stuff, getting a headache, watching midnight roll by, etc, so yeah, Saturday morning at work was rough :D

I'm still tweaking and learning about it. I bought a few cases to try and see what works for me. (Kinda digging the S-pen that came with the Samsung flip cover case.)

The camera I have to learn to set to my liking and holy cow, so many different settings!!

The screen colors and appearance is awesome (loving the dark mode option!!)

Fiddling with Bixby routines to suit my taste with regard to auto changing volume, wifi, etc at certain times.

Running Nova Launcher as I was on my last phone. I didn't even try the stock launcher :o

Running Textra as I'm used to it.

So yeah, just some minor setting adjustments here and there and enjoying this so far !!!

I tried Bixby years back with my first Sammy.. S8. It is a wannabe in my opinion. I never got onto using it at all and avoid it all I can. I rerouted the Bixby key to aid in shut down. I'm sure others like it.. it's just not me. I'll google search stuff and use those routines instead. Your mileage may vary.

I completely neutered Bixby after a couple of days of evaluating it. It's now deaf, dumb, and blind. :thumbsupdroid:

Back
Top Bottom