• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brand new to me..

Myk4368

Lurker
Just purchased my z max pro yesterday and I don't want to waste anymore time in doing root.. I've been studying the steps, all looks well and not to difficult. Do we need to hook up to a computer? Any successful root on my previous devices were done with the use of a computer. Thanks in advance...

well from what i can find you might be able to root via kingo root which does not need a pc. but getting a custom recovery, you will need a pc.

Its so simple.
Step by step.
1...hook phone to pc.
2...look at top and chose CD ROM for USB option.
3...go to your PC and install the actual driver for the device.
4...go download the TWRP 3.2.1 only if you never plan on passing 7.2.1
If you want Oreo download TWRP 3.2.3
5...download the edl flash tool off this forum and unzip it to root directory of your
PC
6...Take the TWRP img and move it to the sub folder inside the edl folders edl/flash/recovery. Then rename that twrp file recovery
7...run the edl program as admin and after it starts hit y enter then chose flash recovery yes again and wait. In a few seconds to a min depending on your PC the device will ask you to hit y to restart....(HOLD THE VOLUME UP BUTTON ON PHONE THEN HIT YES...keep it held until you see the blue screen saying TEAM WIN RECOVERY PROJECT. rooted. Swipe to continue then go pick instantly with a micro SD card to do a full backup. After that take SD card out put it up and use a different SD card for your ROMs. An 8gig card will be plenty for backup. Now go to Mount and chose all of them...then go to wipe and format data then go to install and install disable dnv enforce. Then reboot recovery now install your ROM. RR 14 is the best in my opinion. But Lin 14 is great too. No bugs so far other than my finger print reader isn't working and I'm running RR 14. Good luck...happy flashing and all that jazz.

Back
Top Bottom