• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked after update

garf12

Lurker
Dec 13, 2009
Been using my iPhone 4 for the past few weeks and finally broke the Evo back out to compare it for a few weeks. When I turned it on I got the notice for update so I did it thinking maybe it would help with the random reboot problem I had been having.

Well after the update it sticks at the white HTC screen. I have tried all the basic fixes, held down volume/power, clear storage, recovery. When I clear storage it reboots and hangs at white screen again, if I do recovery I get a picture of a phone with a red triangle with a ! in it.

Any way to re-flash the phone or something to get it working? I assume If i can get something on the little SD card but how do I do that when the phone won't work? I'd really like to not have to deal with getting it replaced.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones